Is the Passphrase option gone in AutoIt3Wrapper?

I just download and installed AutoIt v3.2.4.8 and 3 - SciTE4AutoIT3 (May 22, 2007). We I compile my scripts I no longer see the gui which allowed me to either enter a passphase or check the box to not allow decompiling, which is the option I always used.

I hope that I am just unaware of where the settings are to configure this to happen and that someone can fill me in on where and how to do this.

Thank you in advance.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

I just download and installed AutoIt v3.2.4.8 and 3 - SciTE4AutoIT3 (May 22, 2007). We I compile my scripts I no longer see the gui which allowed me to either enter a passphase or check the box to not allow decompiling, which is the option I always used.

I hope that I am just unaware of where the settings are to configure this to happen and that someone can fill me in on where and how to do this.

Thank you in advance.

taurus905

Look in the SciTE Help, not the AutoIt Help and look at Extra Utilities and then AutoIt3Wrapper, you'll see compiler directives.

JdeB is looking to get rid of the GUI and using the directives.

Also I believe there is an ini you can use to set defaults (directives over-ride the ini settings).

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

i think this is what your looking for

i never used the older version but i found this on accident which matches what your looking for

right click the script and compile with options and you can set passphrase and if you want to be able to decompile from there

Look in the SciTE Help, not the AutoIt Help and look at Extra Utilities and then AutoIt3Wrapper, you'll see compiler directives.

JdeB is looking to get rid of the GUI and using the directives.

Also I believe there is an ini you can use to set defaults (directives over-ride the ini settings).

Gary

Thanks Gary. It's people like you and JdeB that make AutoIt so great! I've been away from the forum for a while and have missed a lot. I appreciate you taking the time to answer some of my questions to help me get back up to speed.

We as people are natually resistant to change. But I know that any changes that are made to AutoIt will mean vast improvements in the end. To all the people who are contributing to the well-being of AutoIt -- Keep up the good work!

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

Hi.

I have read this topic as I have the same issue. I like the option of the GUI prompt to change the exe name when I compile but with the latest autoit and SciTE4AutoIt3 downloads that has disappeared, I don't seem to have the right click "compile with options" you talk about and I cant seem to figure out how to enable it again, I have played around with a few files to try to get it working, could someone please help by explaining in plain English what I need to do to get this option back?

Thanks

CheersGrant

Hi.

I have read this topic as I have the same issue. I like the option of the GUI prompt to change the exe name when I compile but with the latest autoit and SciTE4AutoIt3 downloads that has disappeared, I don't seem to have the right click "compile with options" you talk about and I cant seem to figure out how to enable it again, I have played around with a few files to try to get it working, could someone please help by explaining in plain English what I need to do to get this option back?

Thanks

AFAIK it won't be coming back, just add the compiler directives to the top of the script that you need and it will do the same thing with-out the GUI.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

AFAIK it won't be coming back, just add the compiler directives to the top of the script that you need and it will do the same thing with-out the GUI.

Hi

Sorry about my english (i speak german), probably the reason for my misunderstandig (what e.g. means "AFAIK"? :"> )

The GUI has gone and never will come back but i can use the compiler directives instead. No problem, THAT i understand. :)

But if i want to use a passphrase; do i have to set it as a directive in plain text? I don't have a context menu "compile with options" and if there is no other way to set a passphrase i have no other choice as to set it in plain text, compile the script and delete it after what i hope i never forget...

Again, please don't angry. :)

Kind regards,

Roman

Hi

Sorry about my english (i speak german), probably the reason for my misunderstandig (what e.g. means "AFAIK"? :"> )

The GUI has gone and never will come back but i can use the compiler directives instead. No problem, THAT i understand. :)

But if i want to use a passphrase; do i have to set it as a directive in plain text? I don't have a context menu "compile with options" and if there is no other way to set a passphrase i have no other choice as to set it in plain text, compile the script and delete it after what i hope i never forget...

Again, please don't angry. :)

Kind regards,

Roman

afaik = as far as i know - soweit ich weiß :)

My UDF's : Startet on : 06.06.2006_CaseSearchOrReplaceStr();~> Searches OR Replaces a String,;~> With or Without Casesensivity

• 3 weeks later...

So how exactly do you add or not add a passphrase with out putting it in the script? I actaully like the GUI better, anyway how do you do it now?

Edited by EndFunc
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

• Developers

So how exactly do you add or not add a passphrase with out putting it in the script? I actaully like the GUI better, anyway how do you do it now?

The GUI will be back soon .. test version is available, but: The entered passphrase is saved in the script and was saved in the INI file with the old GUI.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)