@HomeDrive

I had some problems with my script when it was tested on windows 98 SE. @HomeDrive didn't work as expected :)

I wanted the system drive letter of the partition where windows was installed, so I used instead:

$homedrive = StringLeft(@WindowsDir,2)

Can you specify in the help file which macros are windows-specific and which are not? I mean which are for Windows NT only and which are not. Also, is there a @SystemDrive macro I could use instead?

how about @SystemDir or @Comspec ?

altho $homedrive = StringLeft(@WindowsDir,2) works ok on my win98

Edited by Rick

Who needs puzzles when we have AutoIt!!

Also, is there a @SystemDrive macro I could use instead?

You can use the systems environmental variables.

Global Const $SYSTEMDRIVE = EnvGet('systemdrive')

@HomeDrive is where the all users and user profiles are. Corporate networks may have the @HomeDrive on a different drive then the %systemdrive% so using %systemdrive% is a better option for any operating system where the system folders reside on. You can use the Set command at a command prompt to find out what environmental variables 9x has and use the AutoIt macros that are same in comparison.

:)

Edited by MHz

here's another way of doing it.

add this to the top of your script.

Opt("ExpandEnvStrings", 1)

So you can use variables in your strings

Run('%systemdrive%\windows\system32\cmd.exe')

...on windows 98 SE. @HomeDrive didn't work as expected

And on a 1920 Victrola, a Nickel Creek CD doesn't work as expected... what was the question again...?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

the question is stated after that part, PsaltyDS.

I was looking for a list of autoit macros where they are set categorized as Windows NT-specific and non.

It could be a feature idea for future versions too I guess heh

Edited by forger

I myself only have vista to test on so ive wondered how a few scripts ive put together would perform on other versions of windows as far as macros go.Would be a good idea to be more specific on what works with what systems on future versions

the question is stated after that part, PsaltyDS.

I was looking for a list of autoit macros where they are set categorized as Windows NT-specific and non.

It could be a feature idea for future versions too I guess heh

I actually got that, just in a smartass mood at the time.

Such a list awaits being fully tested by a person of youth, vigor, intelligence, access to all those versions of Windows, and a nym that starts with 'f'.

Looking forward to your post when you finish it!

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 2 weeks later...