What is wrong with my install script?

I am trying to automate an install program. I want it to click through the "Next, Next, Finish" setup program. However, the windows don't always appear at the same interval depending on the computer speed. I tried the code below, but it did not work at all. Can someone help me out?

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)

Run("snpvw.exe")
        Do
            Sleep(1000)
        Until WinExists("Snapshot Viewer", "Would you like to install the snapshot viewer?")
        ControlClick("Snapshot Viewer", "Would you like to install the snapshot viewer?", 1)
        Do
            Sleep(1000)
        Until WinExists("Snapshot Viewer", "Please read the following license agreement.")
        ControlClick("Snapshot Viewer", "Please read the following license agreement.", 6)
        Do
            Sleep(1000)
        Until WinExists("Snapshot Viewer Setup", "Welcome to the Snapshot Viewer installation program.")
        ControlClick("Snapshot Viewer Setup", "Welcome to the Snapshot Viewer installation program.", 8)
        Do 
            Sleep(1000)
        Until WinExists("Snapshot Viewer Setup", "Setup will install Snapshot Viewer in the following destination folder.")
        ControlClick("Snapshot Viewer Setup", "Setup will install Snapshot Viewer in the following destination folder.", 1)
        Do
            Sleep(1000)
        Until WinExists("Snapshot Viewer Setup", "To start installation, click the large button")
        ControlClick("Snapshot Viewer Setup", "To start installation, click the large button", 14)
        Do
            Sleep(1000)
        Until WinExists("Snapshot Viewer Setup", "Snapshot Viewer Setup was completed successfully.")
        ControlClick("Snapshot Viewer Setup", "Snapshot Viewer Setup was completed successfully.", 1)

Thanks in advance!

Vito

Edited by vrocco

Your script should work.

The only problem could be if you got correctly the ControlID s.

Anyway it would be a good idea to add the line

AutoItSetOption ("TrayIconDebug", 1)

on top of your script and see where is hanging up.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Your script should work.

The only problem could be if you got correctly the ControlID s.

Anyway it would be a good idea to add the line

AutoItSetOption ("TrayIconDebug", 1)

on top of your script and see where is hanging up.

Thanks for the reply. It hangs up on Line 6 which is the first "Sleep (1000)". Never moves from that even though the window it should be looking for is clearly on the screen. With regard to the ControlID, I used the Autoit Window utility to find them. Any other ideas?

Vito

Edited by vrocco

Try to use

WinWaitActive("Snapshot Viewer", "Would you like to install the snapshot viewer?")
ControlClick("Snapshot Viewer", "Would you like to install the snapshot viewer?", 1)

;instead of

Do
    Sleep(1000)
Until WinExists("Snapshot Viewer", "Would you like to install the snapshot viewer?")
Edited by enaiman

Try to use

WinWaitActive("Snapshot Viewer", "Would you like to install the snapshot viewer?")

;instead of

Do
    Sleep(1000)
OK I tried that and the debugger hung on that line of code you gave me. Wouldn't go past that point. And yes, I did also check to make sure the window title was correct.

I'm stumped....

OK - i've tested it and you will need to change

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)oÝ÷ Ù©Ýj[(¶¬zz-¶°^+e{û^ÆÖî¶È 'âq©í¥ªí²X¤y«­¢+Ù¼(M±À ÄÀÀÀ¤(U¹Ñ¥°]¥¹á¥ÍÑÌ ÅÕ½ÐíM¹ÁÍ¡½ÐÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí±¥­Ñ¼¥¹Íѱ°ÅÕ½Ðì¤(
½¹Ñɽ±
±¥¬ ÅÕ½ÐíM¹ÁÍ¡½ÐÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí±¥­Ñ¼¥¹Íѱ°ÅÕ½Ðì°Ø¤

And you did have got the ControlID wrong (at least for the first window - it is 6 not 1)

OK - i've tested it and you will need to change

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)oÝ÷ Ù©Ýj[(¶¬zz-¶°^+e{û^ÆÖî¶È 'âq©í¥ªí²X¤y«­¢+Ù¼(M±À ÄÀÀÀ¤(U¹Ñ¥°]¥¹á¥ÍÑÌ ÅÕ½ÐíM¹ÁÍ¡½ÐÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí±¥­Ñ¼¥¹Íѱ°ÅÕ½Ðì¤(
½¹Ñɽ±
±¥¬ ÅÕ½ÐíM¹ÁÍ¡½ÐÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí±¥­Ñ¼¥¹Íѱ°ÅÕ½Ðì°Ø¤

And you did have got the ControlID wrong (at least for the first window - it is 6 not 1)

Like a charm!!! I don't know how I got that first ContolID wrong. The rest were ok. Thanks for your help! You rock!

Vito