BlockInput behaviour

I am using WinXP and as to the Function Reference BlockInput should work correctly.

But I noticed that the use of BlockInput makes my scripts behave differently.

Example:

Just some lines to activate Internet Explorer and open the Options dialog

AutoItSetOption ( "WinTitleMatchMode", 2 )
    WinActivate ( "- Microsoft Internet Explorer" )
    WinWaitActive("- Microsoft Internet Explorer")
    Send ( "!x" )
    Send ( "o" )
Exit

This works as long as I am not using BlockInput. When I preceed that with BlockInput (1) it somehow fails at the ALT-x step :whistle:

What's happening here?

• 2 weeks later...

BlockInput and the Alt key do not go well together. Jon said it was a bug in the OS, I believe.

:whistle: Darn, this makes BlockInput nearly useless for me, since my scripts are full of ALT key usages. I was just glad I finally made it to XP since 98 didn't support BlockInput at all and now there's a drawback again.

Is there any workaround? I hesitate to embrace each Send command that uses the Alt key with a BlockInput (0) and BlockInput (1)...on the other hand...

Any ideas?

• Administrators

:whistle: Darn, this makes BlockInput nearly useless for me, since my scripts are full of ALT key usages. I was just glad I finally made it to XP since 98 didn't support BlockInput at all and now there's a drawback again.

It iused to work perfectly on XP but a recent hotfix broke it B)

A user defined function (included) is a good idea. It doesn't seem do slow things down so I can live with that ...until the next XP-hotfix*lol* :whistle:

Thanks B)

It could be something Microsoft meant to do as it's not fixed in SP-2 Beta 1. I've not seen any information on this other than what Jon has said, though, so if anybody has anything else, let me know.

It iused to work perfectly on XP but a recent hotfix broke it :whistle:

Do you know which hotfix, Jon? There was one that was just removed from the server because of some problems and most MS patches now allow a rollback. If you have a number for the patch I'll see what I can find out for you.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Administrators

No idea. By the time someone had reported the problem my system was already updated. And I've only installed the "critical" patches so it wouldn't be the sort of thing you would want to uninstall anyway :whistle: