Attaching Files with SMTP

I have everything coded correctly, as far as I can tell, in my script to send e-mail via SMTP/CDO. I have a script, that creates a GUI, and does a bunch of logging. It logs into 2 text files, that are located in a directory on the local machine. I have logging functions for failed and succesfull install/file checks. If 1 fails, it sets a $FailedFlag Global variable to 1. Then, right before the last line of my script, "Exit", I have an if statement checking that variable. If it == 1 then it calls this _Smtp e-mail function, which I will post below. If I run this exact function, outside of the script, in a seperate script, it runs fine, e-mails me all the info and both attachments. When I run it inside of my script, which is the one that is writing all the logs. the second attachment always fails. I am closing the file beforehand, because I thought it was giving me an error because it was still open...not sure what it could be...any thoughts? The function is below.

Again, the first log file, Functions.log always is successfull...I get the following error when it tries to attach the second one...

Functions2.3.au3 (2585) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: 
$objMail.AddAttachment ($smtpAttachmentFile2) 
$objMail.AddAttachment ($smtpAttachmentFile2)^ ERRORoÝ÷ Ø"µ·jë¶W¡jwez+,¶)e¢§jëh×6Func _SmtpEmail()
    $objMail= ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
    $Date = _NowDate()
    $Time = _NowTime()
    $Attachment = 0
    $smtpAttachmentFile1 = 'C:\Temp\RDT\Functions.log'
    $smtpAttachmentFile2 = 'C:\Temp\RDT\RDTSetup.log'
    If FileExists($smtpAttachmentFile1) Then $Attachment = '"Functions.log" & '
    If FileExists($smtpAttachmentFile2) Then $Attachment &= ' "RDTSetup.log" '
    With $objMail
        .From = "RDTLogs@secrethehehe.com"
        .To = "rcpt@secrethehehe.com"
        .Subject = "Rapid Deployment Tool Log Report"
        .TextBody = "Rapid Deployment Tool Log Report" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
                    "Date:              " & $Date & @CRLF & _
                    "Time:              " & $Time & @CRLF & _
                    "User:              " & @UserName & @CRLF & _
                    "Computername:      " & @ComputerName & @CRLF & _
                    "IP Address:            " & @IPAddress1 & @CRLF & _
                    "OSVersion:         " & @OSVersion & @CRLF & _
                    "Service Pack:      " & @OSServicepack & @CRLF & _
                    "Attachment(s):     " & $Attachment
    EndWith
    If FileExists($smtpAttachmentFile1) Then
        ;$objMail.AddAttachment ($smtpAttachmentFile1)
    EndIf
    If FileExists($smtpAttachmentFile2) Then
                FileClose($smtpAttachmentFile2)
        $objmail.AddAttachment ($smtpAttachmentFile2)
    EndIf
    With $objMail
    .Configuration.Fields.Item _
        ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
        ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = _
            "exchange1" 
        ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
    .Configuration.Fields.Update
    .Send()
    EndWith
    $objMail = 0
EndFunc

• Developers

Fileclose is never done with the filename but you need to use the file hanlde.

Also add the Comm error handler to figure out what the error is:

Look for _INetSmtpMailCom() for an implementation of the cdo messaging in AUtoIt3.

:)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

that function requires authentication, aka, username and password. Can I take that out of there? and where?

How did you come to that conclusion ?

I think its optional ..:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

straight from the function

$s_Username = "******"                    ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$s_Password = "********"                  ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED

dur....guess if $s_username = "" Then it works....the "REQUIRED" got me worried. Nevermind then.

Edited by dufran3

getting this when including file.au3

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "\\fs1\\AutoIt\RDT Project\au3\testing\RDT_2.5.au3"    
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\file.au3 (24) : ==> Duplicate function name.: 
Func _FileCountLines($sFilePath)

anyway....this looks like are really good UDF, but may be more fluff than I need. I was just really hoping someone could help me figure out why that second log file fails to attach to the message every time...

• Developers

Updated the Comments .... It is optional and only needed for SSL connections like GMAIL...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Cool, thx for that...but do you have any idea why that second log file wont attach?

Have you done as suggested ?

- add the Com error handler and see what the true error is ...

- close the file properly with the filehandle in stead of filename ..

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry, what functions are being used in file.au3 that it needs to be included?

Yes, the file is being opened here.

GLOBAL $LogFileOpen = FileOpen('C:\Temp\RDT\RDTSetup.log', 1)oÝ÷ Ø!jxuÉh²)àÛhjëh×6 Fileclose($LogFileOpen)

Also, I'm not sure how to implement the COM error handler in my function...:-(

Edited by dufran3

• Developers

Sorry, what functions are being used in file.au3 that it needs to be included?

_PathFull(), but do not understand your problem... just ensure its include only once .

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

aha haha

"Error sending message"

"Error code:2 Description: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Any idea how i fix this? I tried using "FileClose" but it doesn't seem to be working.

• Developers

aha haha

"Error sending message"

"Error code:2 Description: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Any idea how i fix this? I tried using "FileClose" but it doesn't seem to be working.

sigh ....

How did you close it? I mean did you follow my advice and close it with the handle retuned by FileOpen() ?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I am closing thisfile inside of my function, which is running after the last file write to this log file.

Let me put it this way: AutoIt3 is telling you the file isn't close or used by another process at the time it is trying to attach it ... so my guess is that the file isn't closed at the time you try to attach it.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Found it. My logging function was opening and closing the log file each time the function was called. I didn't think that was very good. So I opened the log file at the beginning of the script, and closed it at the end. However, I forgot to delete the open and closes inside of the function. Got rid of those...presto!

• Developers

Found it. My logging function was opening and closing the log file each time the function was called. I didn't think that was very good. So I opened the log file at the beginning of the script, and closed it at the end. However, I forgot to delete the open and closes inside of the function. Got rid of those...presto!

Must be getting clearvoiant :)

Let me put it this way: AutoIt3 is telling you the file isn't close or used by another process at the time it is trying to attach it ... so my guess is that the file isn't closed at the time you try to attach it.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.