Run and RunWait

For what reason would AutoIt come back with the error "Unable to execute the external program" with no other explanation? I know if the file doesn't exist, it will indicate just that. I have a script that calls several other AU3s, which have been compiled into EXEs and all but one will run. Yet, when I run the EXE separately, or open a shortcut to it, it works fine.

I don't understand. :)

For what reason would AutoIt come back with the error "Unable to execute the external program" with no other explanation? I know if the file doesn't exist, it will indicate just that. I have a script that calls several other AU3s, which have been compiled into EXEs and all but one will run. Yet, when I run the EXE separately, or open a shortcut to it, it works fine.

I don't understand. :)

you are trying to run a .exe right?

try shellexecute("name")

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

try shellexecute("name")

Thank you!

So ShellExecuteWait works, but RunWait doesn't. But I don't understand why one would work, but not the other. The EXE in question is a compiled AU3, if that makes any difference.

• Developers

Thank you!

So ShellExecuteWait works, but RunWait doesn't. But I don't understand why one would work, but not the other. The EXE in question is a compiled AU3, if that makes any difference.

You coded something wrong in the run statement which made it go wrong ....

You will have to give more details to get a better statement than that .

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thank you!

Hard for us to understand why also, being there is no code to look at and my crystal ball is broken.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

*sigh* Sarcasm isn't appreciated.

There's really nothing more I can say. I was using just a simple RunWait command:

RunWait("C:\SW Bell\SW_Bell.exe")
This .exe file was created using AUT2EXE (i.e., compiled in SciTE). The code worked fine previously. Without attaching the long boring code, is there anything I changed in the SW_Bell.au3 that would allow it to run and compile without errors, but still cause problems when called as an .exe by another script?

• Developers

*sigh* Sarcasm isn't appreciated.

There's really nothing more I can say. I was using just a simple RunWait command:

RunWait("C:\SW Bell\SW_Bell.exe")
This .exe file was created using AUT2EXE (i.e., compiled in SciTE). The code worked fine previously. Without attaching the long boring code, is there anything I changed in the SW_Bell.au3 that would allow it to run and compile without errors, but still cause problems when called as an .exe by another script?
who says it was sarcasm ? to me its stupid to ask for help without showing what the hell you are doing .... or am I getting rude now ?

By the way ... that run statement will work when the PAth+file is correct ...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I don't think courtesy is too much to ask for, regardless of whether the amount of information provided was insufficient on my part. Anyway, thank you all for your time. Apparently it needed the single quotes, since there was a space in the directory name. (Thanks, gafrost.)

I don't think courtesy is too much to ask for, regardless of whether the amount of information provided was insufficient on my part. Anyway, thank you all for your time. Apparently it needed the single quotes, since there was a space in the directory name. (Thanks, gafrost.)

I imagine the courtesy bit is about me.

My goal was to point out that the information was lacking, and would be difficult to help with-out more info.

Next time you have a problem tho, it would be a courtesy to supply enought information for someone to help.

Glad the single qoutes helped.

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.