Taskbar date and clock

I would like to put a date AND clock on the taskbar, but I don't know where to start with this....it's been a while. I looked around the forum, but couldn't find even a starting point. I know that the current XP taskbar can show the date if I make the taskbar a little taller, but I don't want to do that, I want to keep it as small as possible. Help please.

What typically show on a task bar is the window title:

Dim $avDays[8] = [0, "Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"]
Dim $avMonths [13] = [0, "January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "June", "July", _
        "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"]
$sDate = $avDays[@WDAY] & ":  " & @MDAY & " " & $avMonths[@MON] & ", " & @YEAR

; show it in a window title
GuiCreate($sDate)
GUISetState(@SW_MINIMIZE)

; show it in a tool tip
ToolTip($sDate, @DesktopWidth - 150, 150)

; show it in a splashtext
SplashTextOn($sDate, $sDate, 250, 50, @DesktopWidth - 300, 200)

Sleep(10000)

Cheers!

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

What typically show on a task bar is the window title:

Dim $avDays[8] = [0, "Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"]
Dim $avMonths [13] = [0, "January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "June", "July", _
        "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"]
$sDate = $avDays[@WDAY] & ":  " & @MDAY & " " & $avMonths[@MON] & ", " & @YEAR

; show it in a window title
GuiCreate($sDate)
GUISetState(@SW_MINIMIZE)

; show it in a tool tip
ToolTip($sDate, @DesktopWidth - 150, 150)

; show it in a splashtext
SplashTextOn($sDate, $sDate, 250, 50, @DesktopWidth - 300, 200)

Sleep(10000)

Cheers!

nice code...hmmm, whats SplashTextOn do?
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

It causes you to look up SplashTextOn in the help file...

so explanitory, I love this guy lol...no seriously, I do, he helps me out alot :)

still dont understand though :)

Edited by ReaImDown
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

Thanks. The tool tip was what I was originally going to do, but opted against it and posted my request. If that is the only way I guess I'll go with it. But why can't it actually be put in the taskbar? I came across a program that did do what I wanted...but I just didn't want to pay for it. So why can't autoit do it? ...why these "workarounds"?

So why can't autoit do it? ...why these "workarounds"?

Maybe it can.

I'm just mid-grade AutoIt script kiddie myself. I showed you three ways to get the date displayed, and yes, they were all "workarounds" of one kind or another. Some of the real programmers on this board may have something clever that does this, or you could try posting it to the AutoIt Feature Requests forum...

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks. The tool tip was what I was originally going to do, but opted against it and posted my request. If that is the only way I guess I'll go with it. But why can't it actually be put in the taskbar? I came across a program that did do what I wanted...but I just didn't want to pay for it. So why can't autoit do it? ...why these "workarounds"?

Tclock Lite is free, small, has lots of options and a few extra features (alarm, start button & menu customization).

http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/

AND it comes with a C++ source, so if you're inclined to "do it with AutoIt", maybe you might get some clues there... :)

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

I would like to put a date AND clock on the taskbar, but I don't know where to start with this....it's been a while. I looked around the forum, but couldn't find even a starting point. I know that the current XP taskbar can show the date if I make the taskbar a little taller, but I don't want to do that, I want to keep it as small as possible. Help please.

ControlSetText??

I'll do an example now :)