Detect show hide

I know how to set the state of show and hide, but is there a way to detect if a window/gui is showing or hiding. I need to set up a function based on if the window is showing or not.....NOT active or not.

Edited by Champak

Hi,

WinGetState

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Thanks, I didn't see that before. However, the values it shows in the manual are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32. I'm getting a value of 15 and 5. Sometimes I am actually getting 7....I don't know why I'm getting that one.

15 shows up when the win is visible, and 5 shows up when the win is hidden. But the manual says 2 should be visible...it says nothing about hidden. 7 just seems to show up at random for no reason which throws everything off.

What are the values of 5, 7, and 15 for?

Thanks, I didn't see that before. However, the values it shows in the manual are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32. I'm getting a value of 15 and 5. Sometimes I am actually getting 7....I don't know why I'm getting that one.

15 shows up when the win is visible, and 5 shows up when the win is hidden. But the manual says 2 should be visible...it says nothing about hidden. 7 just seems to show up at random for no reason which throws everything off.

What are the values of 5, 7, and 15 for?

They are the state number's sum.

1 = Window exists

2 = Window is visible

4 = Window is enabled

8 = Window is active

15 = sum of the above

1 = Window exists

2 = Window is visible

4 = Window is enabled

7 = sum of the above

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Thanks FreeFry, that works nicely. One last question, I'll admit I didn't look for this yet, but I'll post the question while I'm looking anyway while I'm here; is there a way to prevent....I don't know the proper name for it....program box at the bottom of the screen from showing. The box at the bottom of the monitor that you click to activate the application, I don't want that to show at all for this program. Basically a function like the NoTrayIcon.

OK, I've been searching since my last post and can't find what I'm looking for. I think you guys mixed up what I was saying, I have attached an image example. When I mentioned the tray icon, I meant I was hoping there was a simple way of hiding what I wanted like how the tray icon is hidden.

• Moderators

OK, I've been searching since my last post and can't find what I'm looking for. I think you guys mixed up what I was saying, I have attached an image example. When I mentioned the tray icon, I meant I was hoping there was a simple way of hiding what I wanted like how the tray icon is hidden.

Look at WinGetState() + WinSetState() ... If Not WinActive() ... or If WinGetState()= Minimized ... WinSetState()+@SW_HIDE

Be smart here and use WinGetHandle() to get the windows handles and store them so you can bring them back later if you want.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

...I think you guys mixed up what I was saying...

I see now, the boxes on the taskbar... SmOke_N has sent you down the right path, let us know if you need help putting it all together.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

oh lol, that's not the tray field, that's the taskbar and there you see all windows that are visible(if they're not a child window, or maybe a 'special' window lol)

Basically to change the hidden/visible state of a window, you would want to store it's so called 'Handle' - so you can refer to it - after you've hidden it - easily.

Basic example:

$wHandle = WinGetHandle("Program Manager")

WinMinimizeAll()

MsgBox(0, "", "Hiding...", 1)

WinSetState($wHandle, "", @SW_HIDE)

MsgBox(0, "", "Showing...", 1)

WinSetState($wHandle, "", @SW_SHOW)
Edited by FreeFry