Child window with controls, but no titlebar or border.

I am trying to create a child window, withot a titlebar or border, which can have controls on it. I have searched the help files and the forum without any luck. I want the child window to look like the $WS_POPUP, which cannot be used as a child.

Thank you for any help you have to offer.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

• Moderators

Have you tired:

BitOR($WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_CHILD)
?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Have you tired:

BitOR($WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_CHILD)
?
SmOke_N,

I'm sorry to say that did not work. I am experimenting now. I must be missing something.

Thanks,

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

• Moderators

SmOke_N,

I'm sorry to say that did not work. I am experimenting now. I must be missing something.

Thanks,

taurus905

Sorry for you lol... it works for me..:
#include <GUICONSTANTS.AU3>

Global $hMainGUI, $hButtonBack, $hButtonForward, $hButtonNew, $nItemAddSub = 1, $hChild = 0
Global $nMaxSections = 3, $nReturn = 0
Global $hFileExport, $hFileQuit, $hHelpAbout

$hMainGUI = GUICreate('Example Use', 640, 550)
;File Menu
$hFileMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu('&File')
$hFileExport = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem('&Export       Alt+E',$hFileMenu)
$hFileQuit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem('Quit           Alt+Q', $hFileMenu)
;Help Menu
$hHelpMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu('Help')
$hHelpAbout = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem('About          Alt+A', $hHelpMenu)
;Buttons//Back-New-Forward
$hButtonBack = GUICtrlCreateButton('Back', 510, 500, 50, 20)
;$hButtonNew = GUICtrlCreateButton('', 540, 500, 40, 20)
$hButtonForward = GUICtrlCreateButton('Forward', 560, 500, 50, 20)

;Set Button State
GUICtrlSetState($hButtonBack, $GUI_DISABLE)

GUISetState()
$nReturn = _ChildGUI($hMainGUI, $nItemAddSub)

While 1
    $nGUIMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $nReturn = 1 Then $nGUIMsg = $hButtonBack
    If $nReturn = 2 Then $nGUIMsg = $hButtonForward
    $nReturn = 0
    Switch $nGUIMsg
        Case -3, $hFileQuit
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _ChildGUI($hMain, $nItem)
    Local $aNumOfInputs[$nMaxSections + 1] = ['',8,4,4]
    Local $hInput[$aNumOfInputs[$nItem] + 1], $hChildMsg
    Local $nUbound = 0, $hHoldControl
    If $hChild Then GUIDelete($hChild)
    $hChild = GUICreate('Example Child', 640, 300, 0, 25, BitOR($WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_CHILD), -1, $hMain)
    $hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Hi I am the Child GUI', 10, 10, 100, 20)
    GUISetState()
    While 1
        $hChildMsg = GUIGetMsg(1)
        Switch $hChildMsg[0]
            Case -3
                Exit
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc
You'll see some controls/variables there that don't make sense, I tore it out of a project I was working on earlier this week.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Sorry for you lol... it works for me..:

SmOke_N,

I am sorry for not being more clear in describing what I am trying to do.

I want to have one gui open another gui. The first is the parent and the second is the child. I what them both to be open at the same time. I don't want either to have a titlebar or a border.

I don't know if this is possible, but I hope this helps explain the problem better.

Thanks thinking about this problem.

taurus905

• Moderators

SmOke_N,

I am sorry for not being more clear in describing what I am trying to do.

I want to have one gui open another gui. The first is the parent and the second is the child. I what them both to be open at the same time. I don't want either to have a titlebar or a border.

I don't know if this is possible, but I hope this helps explain the problem better.

Thanks thinking about this problem.

taurus905

Kind of brain fried today... does it have to be a child? Could you just do 2 GUI's?

$hChild = GUICreate('Example Child', 640, 300, 0, 25, $WS_POPUP)?

Kind of brain fried today... does it have to be a child? Could you just do 2 GUI's?

$hChild = GUICreate('Example Child', 640, 300, 0, 25, $WS_POPUP)?

SmOke_N,

I guess it doesn't have to be a child. I want to be able to launch the second gui from the first. I thought that would make it a child.

taurus905

• Moderators

SmOke_N,

I guess it doesn't have to be a child. I want to be able to launch the second gui from the first. I thought that would make it a child.

taurus905

That's what I was assuming... the only time I really do childs is when I'm wanting to embed... as my example showed.... hope you get it worked out... but off the top of my head, I don't actually have the answer :) Edited by SmOke_N