whats wrong with this .ini file coding :)

I want it to create Disallow.ini and I want it to look like so:

;To disable a specific item from being used, use this format... process0 = firefox.exe

[Disallow]

Process0 =

Process1 =

Process2 =

Process3 =

if FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "/" & "Disallow.ini") = False Then
    IniWrite(@CommonFilesDir & "/" & "Disallow.ini","","","");
    filewriteline(@CommonFilesDir & "/" & "Disallow.ini", ";To disable a specific item from being used, use this format... process0 = firefox.exe" & @CR &"[Disallow]" & @CR & "Process0 = "
endif
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

Hi,

If the problem is that the file isn't getting written, its because you are using a forward slash instead of a backslash in the file path. try changing the "/" to "\".

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"I don't need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it when I need it"....EinsteinAnd in our case... That's the AutoIT helpfile ;) Please read before posting!!!

thats not how you write to ini's see the help

k, done, but, how would I add instructions @ the top, :)

$sIni = @CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini"

Dim $aData2[3][2] = [ [ "Process0", "msnmsgr.exe" ], [ "Process1", "" ], [ "Process2", "" ] ]
IniWriteSection($sIni, "instructions???", ";To disable a specific item from being used, use this format... process0 = firefox.exe", 0)
IniWriteSection($sIni, "Disallow", $aData2, 0)
oÝ÷ Ú{æbµ«­¢+Ø(ÀÌØíÍ%¹¤ô
½µµ½¹¥±Í¥ÈµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈí¥Í±±½Ü¹¥¹¤ÅÕ½Ðì()¥´ÀÌØíÑÉlÍulÉtôllÅÕ½ÐíAɽÍÌÀÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíµÍ¹µÍȹáÅÕ½Ðìt°lÅÕ½ÐíAɽÍÌÄÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðìt°lÅÕ½ÐíAɽÍÌÈÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðìtt)¥±=Á¸ ÀÌØíÍ%¹¤°Ä¤)¥±]É¥Ñ ÀÌØíÍ%¹¤°ÅÕ½ÐìíQ¼¥Í±ÍÁ¥¥¥Ñ´É½´¥¹ÕÍ°ÕÍÑ¡¥Ì½ÉµÐ¸¸¸ÁɽÍÌÀô¥É½à¹áÅÕ½Ðì¤)¥±
±½Í ÀÌØíÍ%¹¤¤)%¹¥]É¥ÑMÑ¥½¸ ÀÌØíÍ%¹¤°ÅÕ½Ðí¥Í±±½ÜÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÑÈ°À¤(

ty for help guys

Edited by ReaImDown
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]