why wont this script display whats in the .ini?

#include <Array.au3>

Global $sIni = @CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini"

if FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "/" & "Disallow.ini" = False) Then
Dim $aData2[4][2] = [ [ "Process0", "msnmsgr.exe" ], [ "Process1", "" ], [ "Process2", "" ], [ "Process3", "" ] ]
FileOpen($sIni, 1)
    FileWrite($sIni,"To disable a specific item from being used, use this format... process0 = firefox.exe" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
FileClose($sIni)
    IniWriteSection($sIni, "Disallow", $aData2, 0)
endif

Global $Programs = IniReadSection(@CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini", "Disallow")

for $i = 1 to $Programs[0][0]
    msgbox(0, "", $Programs[$1][1])
next

Local $list = ProcessList();Grabs all running processes
For $i = 1 To $list[0][0] Step 1;Loops them all
    _KillProcess($list[$i][0]);Sends each to be check and if chosen, closed.
Next

$list = ProcessList();To get current amount of programs
Global $am = $list[0][0];Sets the amount
While 1
    Sleep(1000);To reduce load
    $list = ProcessList();Grabs all running processes
    If $am <> $list[0][0] Then;New Process
        Next
        $am = $list[0][0];Update amount
    EndIf   
WEnd

Func _KillProcess($id)
    For $i = 0 To UBound($Programs)-1 Step 1
        If $Programs[$i] = $id Then;If this program is not allowed to run
            ProcessClose($id);Close program
            MsgBox(1, "Closed", $id & " is not allowed to be used.");Display message.
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc
   oÝ÷ ÚØ^xW¡jÆ®¶­seFòF6&ÆR7V6f2FVÒg&öÒ&VærW6VBÂW6RF2f÷&ÖBâââ&ö6W73Òf&Vf÷æWP ¥´F6ÆÆ÷uÐ¥&ö6W73Ö×6æ×6w"æWP¥&ö6W73Ð¥&ö6W73#Ð¥&ö6W733ÐoÝ÷ Úl®º+Æ®¶­sfÆæRbfÆRgV÷C¶3¢b3#´Fö7VÖVçG2æB6WGFæw2b3#´Æ¢b3#´FW6·F÷b3#´F6ÆÆ÷rgV÷C²  ¦×6v&÷ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²Âb33cµ&öw&×5²b33c³Õ³Ò¦×6v&÷ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²Âb33cµ&öw&×5µäW'&÷  ¤W'&÷#¢f&&ÆRW6VBvF÷WB&VærFV6Æ&V@

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

Why did you create another thread for this... you could've stated the problem in your first thread...

for $i = 1 to $Programs[0][0] ; variable name is $i 
    msgbox(0, "", $Programs[$1][1]) ; you're trying to use a variable named $1...
next
Edited by FreeFry

this works alittle better... but MsgBox(1, "Closed", $id & " is not allowed to be used.");Display message. shows 4 times...

#NoTrayIcon
#include <Array.au3>
HotKeySet("+\", "Terminate")

If FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini") = False Then
    Dim $aData2[4][2] = [ [ "Process0", "msnmsgr.exe" ], [ "Process1", "" ], [ "Process2", "" ], [ "Process3", "" ] ]
    FileOpen($sIni, 1)
    FileWrite($sIni, "press SHIFT \ to disable the script once its running...." & @CRLF & "process = the name of the process you wish to close, found when you press CTRL ALT DELETE...MSN Messenger is msnmsgr"  & @CRLF & "To disable a specific item from being used, use this format... process0 = firefox.exe" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
    FileClose($sIni)
    FileCopy(@ScriptFullPath, @CommonFilesDir & "/" & @ScriptName, 1)
    RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "Disallow", "REG_SZ", @CommonFilesDir & "/" & @ScriptName)
    MsgBox(0, "Sucessful!", "The file has been installed successfully, just edit the .ini file and your done!")
    ShellExecute($sIni)
    While 1
        If ProcessExists("Notepad - Disallow.ini") = False Then
            MsgBox(0, "Disallow", "Success!, this file will resume on start up!")
            Exit
        EndIf
    WEnd

EndIf
If FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "/" & @ScriptName) = False Then
    RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "Disallow", "REG_SZ", @CommonFilesDir & "/" & @ScriptName)
    ShellExecute(@CommonFilesDir & "/" & @ScriptName)
    Sleep(3000)
    _SelfDelete()
EndIf

Global $Programs = IniReadSection(@CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini", "Disallow")

Next

While 1
        Next
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _KillProcess($id)
    $shown = 0
    For $i = 0 To UBound($Programs) - 1 Step 1
        For $1 = 1 To $Programs[0][0]
            If $Programs[$1][1] = $id Then;If this program is not allowed to run
                If ProcessClose($id) = True And $shown = 0 Then
                    MsgBox(0, "Closed", $id & " is not allowed to be used.");Display message.
                    $shown = 1
                EndIf
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_KillProcess

Func Terminate()
    $Exit = MsgBox(0, @UserName, @UserName & ", you deactivaed the program successfully!")
    ProcessClose(@ScriptName)
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Func _SelfDelete($iDelay = 0)
    Local $sCmdFile
    FileDelete(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat")
    $sCmdFile = 'ping -n ' & $iDelay & '127.0.0.1 > nul' & @CRLF _
             & ':loop' & @CRLF _
             & 'del "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" > nul' & @CRLF _
             & 'if exist "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" goto loop' & @CRLF _
             & 'del ' & @TempDir & '\scratch.bat'
    FileWrite(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat", $sCmdFile)
    Run(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat", @TempDir, @SW_HIDE)
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_SelfDelete
Edited by ReaImDown
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

• Moderators

Not a fan of what you are doing here at all...

It looks malicious even if it's intent isn't meant to be.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Not a fan of what you are doing here at all...

It looks malicious even if it's intent isn't meant to be.

its meant to stop ones own family member from running a file...am not done...am going to make the .ini file open so the 1st user (who installs it) gets to choose which files dont work :) editing an old script from another user :)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...15&start=15

Edited by ReaImDown

• Moderators

its meant to stop ones own family member from running a file...am not done...am going to make the .ini file open so the 1st user (who installs it) gets to choose which files dont work :) editing an old script from another user :)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...15&start=15

I'm going to be president and bring the gas prices down... (Jesus, say it's so!!)

Anyway... we can say what we want in cyber world... but the truth of the matter, the "little" bit of code you showed... shows nothing more than you controlling what someone runs on their PC, then after you accomplish your task, you high tail it out of there with _SelfDelete().

I see your priorities before you even finish you script with or without our help... thus far.

1. List what you want acceptable

2. If not acceptable, remove

3. After removing, hide your ass and delete yourself from existence

As I said before, this may not be your intentions, but all we have is an insight to your code, not your mind.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I'm going to be president and bring the gas prices down... (Jesus, say it's so!!)

Anyway... we can say what we want in cyber world... but the truth of the matter, the "little" bit of code you showed... shows nothing more than you controlling what someone runs on their PC, then after you accomplish your task, you high tail it out of there with _SelfDelete().

I see your priorities before you even finish you script with or without our help... thus far.

1. List what you want acceptable

2. If not acceptable, remove

3. After removing, hide your ass and delete yourself from existence

As I said before, this may not be your intentions, but all we have is an insight to your code, not your mind.

but if u look @ the coding (of which I only coded 50% there of) and the question that was asked of us, all I did was what the person in question asked, I used the _selfdelete to so it wasnt left on the desktop, 1 copy of the program is suffice, is it not?

p.s. that coding is completed

Edited by ReaImDown

• Moderators

but if u look @ the coding (of which I only coded 50% there of) and the question that was asked of us, all I did was what the person in question asked, I used the _selfdelete to so it wasnt left on the desktop, 1 copy of the program is suffice, is it not?

Again, those of us that have been here for any period of time are skeptics... you may have good intentions, you may not... I'm not saying either, all I am saying is it was enough to make me look twice, especially playing with the registry. Edited by SmOke_N

Again, those of us that have been here for any period of time are skeptics... you may have good intentions, you may not... I'm not saying either, all I am saying is it was enough to make me look twice.

say the word and I can delete the coding...whats the sense of having a file like that if it isnt going to run on startup?, if it didnt, it would be a run once, and couldnt be used as an administrative tool

Edited by ReaImDown

• Moderators

say the word and I can delete the coding...

I'm not a Mod, and they would have the power to delete it themselves, they are very good about that, and I'd never step on their toes... (unless it involved a good debate).

Anyway, I never really looked at your coding or your style....

Can you look at this and tell me if it makes any sense at all (be sure to look the functions up in the help file before you respond):

Exit
        EndIf

I'm not a Mod, and they would have the power to delete it themselves, they are very good about that, and I'd never step on their toes... (unless it involved a good debate).

Anyway, I never really looked at your coding or your style....

Can you look at this and tell me if it makes any sense at all (be sure to look the functions up in the help file before you respond):

Exit
        EndIfoÝ÷ Ûú®¢×¥¢+¢xºW(v)ත Úhµéí©pjËaz·¥¢V®¶­sbbväW7G2gV÷C´F6ÆÆ÷rææÒæ÷FWBgV÷C²ÒfÇ6RFVà¢×6t&÷ÂgV÷C´F6ÆÆ÷rgV÷C²ÂgV÷Cµ7V66W72b333²ÂF2fÆRvÆÂ&W7VÖRöâ7F'BWb333²gV÷C²¢W@¢VæD
Edited by ReaImDown

• Moderators

lol, wrongful coding, :) the thought potential was there lol

If WinExists("Disallow.ini - Notepad") = False Then
            Exit
        EndIfoÝ÷ Ûú®¢×«wöÆ¥¥©Ýnër¢ë-Yaj÷²¢êì«!zȧ¶°®àv*ÞrبGb´LZ^jëh×6If FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "/" & @ScriptName) = False Then
    ShellExecute(@CommonFilesDir & "/" & @ScriptName)
    Sleep(3000)
    _SelfDelete()
EndIf
Edited by SmOke_N

still works though...oh, and heres the updated file

#NoTrayIcon
#include <Array.au3>

If FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini") = False Then
    FileOpen($sIni, 1)
    FileWrite($sIni, "press SHIFT + \ to disable the script once its running...." & @CRLF & "process = the name of the process you wish to close, found when you press CTRL ALT DELETE...MSN Messenger is msnmsgr"  & @CRLF & "To disable a specific item from being used, use this format... process0 = firefox.exe" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
    FileClose($sIni)
    FileCopy(@ScriptFullPath, @CommonFilesDir & "\" & @ScriptName, 1)
    RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "Disallow", "REG_SZ", @CommonFilesDir & "\" & @ScriptName)
    MsgBox(0, "Sucessful!", "The file has been installed successfully, just edit the .ini file and your done!")
    ShellExecute($sIni)
    sleep(500)
    While 1
    Sleep(500)
    _SelfDelete()
        EndIf
    WEnd

EndIf

Next

While 1
        Next
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _KillProcess($id)
    $shown = 0
                    $shown = 1
                EndIf
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
EndFunc  ;==>_KillProcess

Func Terminate()
    $Exit = MsgBox(0, @UserName, @UserName & ", you deactivaed the program successfully!")
EndFunc  ;==>Terminate

Func _SelfDelete($iDelay = 0)
    Local $sCmdFile
    FileDelete(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat")
    $sCmdFile = 'ping -n ' & $iDelay & '127.0.0.1 > nul' & @CRLF _
             & ':loop' & @CRLF _
             & 'del "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" > nul' & @CRLF _
             & 'if exist "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" goto loop' & @CRLF _
             & 'del ' & @TempDir & '\scratch.bat'
    FileWrite(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat", $sCmdFile)
    Run(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat", @TempDir, @SW_HIDE)
    Exit
EndFunc  ;==>_SelfDelete
Edited by ReaImDown

Heres the final version of this file...am going to make another file that will get the process name for the .ini :)...enjoy...umm, feel free to give suggestions :)

#NoTrayIcon
#include <Array.au3>

If FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini") = False And FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "\" & @ScriptName) = False Then
    Dim $aSafe[2][2] = [ [ "SafeUser0", @UserName ], [ "SafeUser1", "" ] ]
    FileOpen($sIni, 1)
    FileWrite($sIni, "press SHIFT + \ to disable the script once its running...." & @CRLF & "process = the name of the process you wish to close, found when you press CTRL ALT DELETE...MSN Messenger is msnmsgr" & @CRLF & "To disable a specific item from being used, use this format... process0 = firefox.exe" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
    FileClose($sIni)
    FileOpen($sIni, 1)
    FileWrite($sIni, @CRLF & @CRLF & "Enter all the users you dont want this program to affect below" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
    FileClose($sIni)
    IniWriteSection($sIni, "SafeUsers", $aSafe, 0)
    FileMove(@ScriptFullPath, @CommonFilesDir & "\" & @ScriptName, 0)
    RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "Disallow", "REG_SZ", @CommonFilesDir & "\" & @ScriptName)
    ShellExecute($sIni)
    Sleep(500)
    While 1
            Exit
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndIf
If FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini") = False And FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "\" & @ScriptName) = True Then
    Dim $aSafe[2][2] = [ [ "SafeUser0", @UserName ], [ "SafeUser1", "" ] ]
    FileOpen($sIni, 1)
    FileWrite($sIni, "press SHIFT + \ to disable the script once its running...." & @CRLF & "process = the name of the process you wish to close, found when you press CTRL ALT DELETE...MSN Messenger is msnmsgr" & @CRLF & "To disable a specific item from being used, use this format... process0 = firefox.exe" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
    FileClose($sIni)
    FileOpen($sIni, 1)
    FileWrite($sIni, @CRLF & "Enter all the users you dont want this program to affect below" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
    FileClose($sIni)
    IniWriteSection($sIni, "SafeUsers", $aSafe, 0)
    MsgBox(0, "Sucessful!", "The .ini file has been re-installed successfully, just edit the .ini file and your done!")
    Sleep(500)
    ShellExecute($sIni)
    Sleep(500)
    While 1
            Exit
        EndIf
    WEnd
    Exit
EndIf
If FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini") = True And FileExists(@CommonFilesDir & "\" & @ScriptName) = False Then
    FileMove(@ScriptFullPath, @CommonFilesDir & "\" & @ScriptName, 0)
    MsgBox(0, "Sucessful!", "The .exe file has been re-installed successfully.")
EndIf

Global $Safe = IniReadSection(@CommonFilesDir & "\Disallow.ini", "SafeUsers")

For $a = 1 To $Safe[0][0] Step 1
    If $Safe[$a][1] = @UserName Then
        Exit
    EndIf
Next

_KillProcess($list[$a][0]);Sends each to be check and if chosen, closed.
Next

While 1
        Next
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _KillProcess($id)
    $shown = 0
                    $shown = 1
                EndIf
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_KillProcess

Func Terminate()
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate