how to read selected text button ?

hi imagine you select the following link by pressing tab repeteadly

help

now you wanna save the link's text (help) into a variable, how to?

thank you

:)

edit: i already tried controlgettext but, i have a feeling it just doesnt work that way.. any help is welcome, thank you!

Edited by lagostada

You want to do this in IE? Do you want to save the word "help" or do you want to save the text of the page that comes up when you open the help hyperlink? We need more details...

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

You want to do this in IE? Do you want to save the word "help" or do you want to save the text of the page that comes up when you open the help hyperlink? We need more details...

yes i can do it on ie, altough i rather go for firefox, but ie is ok

i would like to save all that is possible for learning purposes :), but the fundamental is the "help" name of the link, and maybe later the link

i really dont need the statusbar as i already seen a lot of help about it

1. Download ie.au3 from this link: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...6&hl=ie.au3

2. Switch browsers to IE and try some of the sample code.

With ie.au3 functions you don't have to tab through commands to find the Help link. You just send a command to it to open the link.

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format