IE 6 automation script

Guest JohnL

I am new to AUTOIT - I am trying to write a script which will invoke an https website (with permissive access), enter admin text and password, navigate some pages by pressing buttons on the site and then do a 'save as' from what appears to be notepad which appears with data in it.

The real question is are there any examples or parts of examples for all these functions - the help files with AUTOIT V3 and the forums do not seem to help in providing good examples which can easily be followed by a new user.

John

search the forum perhaps ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There doesn't seem to be much in the forum on this - I am sure a few more solid examples provided with AUTOIT V3 showing such things as driving IE, driving Outtlook Express and driving WORD and EXCEL would stop most 'simple' questions by new users like me.

If the au3 spy included in the installer finds any buttons, you can click them with autoit. If not, you will have to learn javascript.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks this is useful. But how would using javascript help if au3 spy does not see the object on the page ? Can you embed javascript into autoit v3 (sounds useful if you could ) ? In addition how could javascript access the (unknown) objects ?

You can try the Send() command and Send {TAB} keystrokes to get to the buttons on the webpage. Then use the Send("{SPACE}") or Send("{ENTER}") to click the buttons. That's one way to go about it.

Hope that helps,

Ian

"Blessed be the name of the Lord" - Job 1:21Check out Search IMF