Protecting Programs.

This is getting really frustrating.

There is these people, These canadians.

They keep stealing my work.

Everytime I make a new release, I rewrite everything, and they get it anyway.

And release it on their forum as "their new addon".

Its very very frustrating.

Any ideas?

I have:

Obfuscated it,

Unchecked "decompile" (duh.)

I have also, just to make things harder,

Compiled, then decompiled it, then removed comments, then obfuscated it.

And theyve still taken it again.

What can I do? D;

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

What can I do? D;

Start learning a real programming language, like C++, that actually compiles to a binary.

I am not a programmer, and I love AutoIt, but there seem to be question on the forum from time to time that come from a confusion between a Compiled Programming Language and a Scripting Language. Even a really great scripting language like AutoIt can't do some things that a true compiled language can. (You would have the same problem writing in Perl and 'compiling' with Perl2Exe.)

You could also become better educated on Copyright Law, and the various Licensing options you could use. But you'd better be sure the code is entirely YOURS before you go down that path... "Pot calling the kettle black" and all that.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Start learning a real programming language, like C++, that actually compiles to a binary.

I am not a programmer, and I love AutoIt, but there seem to be question on the forum from time to time that come from a confusion between a Compiled Programming Language and a Scripting Language. Even a really great scripting language like AutoIt can't do some things that a true compiled language can. (You would have the same problem writing in Perl and 'compiling' with Perl2Exe.)

You could also become better educated on Copyright Law, and the various Licensing options you could use. But you'd better be sure the code is entirely YOURS before you go down that path... "Pot calling the kettle black" and all that.

What you are implying is that AutoIt or Perl code compiled to exe is easier to decompile than that of C++, right? I am no expert whatsoever and it makes me wonder how it is possible if the EXEcutable programs must actually be the raw machine code, no matter what kind of programing language you initially use, at least IMHO. Correct me if I am wrong please. Edited by narciso

Warmly,Narciso

What you are implying is that AutoIt or Perl code compiled to exe is easier to decompile than that of C++, right?

That's exactly what I'm saying. And being Scripting languages, this is not really much of a drawback to AutoIt or Perl.

I am no expert whatsoever and it makes me wonder how it is possible if the EXEcutable programs must actually be the raw machine code, no matter what kind of programing language you initially use, at least IMHO.

Only the interpreter (a runtime version of AutoIt3.exe) has to be compiled to 'raw machine code'. The script is not.

This has been explained before. But I'll do it one more time. 'Compile' is too strong a word for what Aut2Exe or Perl2Exe actually do. What they do is take the binary interpreter and 'Zip' it together with the actual script text file. At run time, the text portion is decompressed in memory and run to the interpreter the same way any 'uncompiled' script would be run by AutIt3.exe from the command line (or Perl.exe).

By default your entire original script file, plus the contents of any #include files, are right there inside the exe in plain text format. If you obsfucate it only changes the text to make it less human-readable, but it's still there. If you select the option to prevent decompile a weak encryption is applied that is already known to be cracked in the wild.

When you 'compile' a C++ program, it is translated into a completely different, machine-readable code not intended for humans to read. Decompiling that gets you assembler code that is not even in the same language as the original C++ it came from. (There are surely additional tools that will take assembler and associate well known routines with higher level functions from another language like C++. But that's pretty far down the rabbit hole.)

Correct me if I am wrong please.

OK... :)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Wow, it seems I have been so very ignorant, gee :) Thank you so much for a thorough explanation!!!

Hm..., any chance for a tool converting AutoIt or Perl code into C++ and then compiling it. That would be something, wouldn't it? Should be possible if the interpreters can do the job, why not save the output as bytecode and finally make real independent executable files. Anyway, I guess that both AutoIt and Perl interpreters are written in C++ which theoretically could help... :)

Warmly,Narciso

Hm..., any chance for a tool converting AutoIt or Perl code into C++ and then compiling it. That would be something, wouldn't it?

That tool is installed by default between your ears. Learn C++ and code it!

That tool is installed by default between your ears. Learn C++ and code it!

Yeah, that's a good one! Just love that kind of advice :) Following your way of thinking why come to AutoIt forum trying to solve problems. Wouldn't it be simpler to wright your own scripting language in C++ or better Assembler to improve performance?! Then you could modify it however you like and solve all potential problems instantaneously. Moreover, why buy a computer - just build it yourself :)

Anyway, I do appreciate C++ and other lower level compiled languages. Have been learning C and C++ a bit actually. However it will take ages for me to write a thing I can only dream about. You know that, don't you? :P

Thanks for a suggestion though...

Warmly,Narciso

Yeah, that's a good one! Just love that kind of advice :) Following your way of thinking why come to AutoIt forum trying to solve problems. Wouldn't it be simpler to wright your own scripting language in C++ or better Assembler to improve performance?! Then you could modify it however you like and solve all potential problems instantaneously. Moreover, why buy a computer - just build it yourself :)

Anyway, I do appreciate C++ and other lower level compiled languages. Have been learning C and C++ a bit actually. However it will take ages for me to write a thing I can only dream about. You know that, don't you? :)

Thanks for a suggestion though...

you can try and use something like UPX Packer :P

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

Everytime I make a new release, I rewrite everything, and they get it anyway.

And release it on their forum as "their new addon".

they post WHAT on their forum? The source code? If so, post a link to the forum.

What can I do? D;

Stalk them, frighten them to death (works best by phone), get contact details of their neighbours and frighten THEM to death, spam their forum, drive to their homes and beat the crap out of them, etc., etc.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

you can try and use something like UPX Packer :)

Well, thanks for the hint - a compression tool obfuscating the code by the way a bit. Has some drawbacks though. Have you tried it already - any impressions you may share? BTW could someone recommend a good AutoIt code obfuscator, maybe written in... AutoIt as well :) Edited by narciso

Warmly,Narciso

Right here

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=326302

( see the bottom of the page )

8)

Many thanks!!! Have managed to find it myself already and used Obfuscator though manually only however successfully. The obfuscated code looks incredible! :) The online documentation suggests a procedure to automate the usage of Obfuscator. There is a point which I do not quite get:

"Running Obfuscator:

Add these lines to SciTEUSer.properties

... some config lines, etc."

My question is, where the "SciTEUSer.properties" file is located or maybe I am supposed to create it myself but then again where? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Warmly,Narciso

Many thanks!!! Have managed to find it myself already and used Obfuscator though manually only however successfully. The obfuscated code looks incredible! :) The online documentation suggests a procedure to automate the usage of Obfuscator. There is a point which I do not quite get:

"Running Obfuscator:

Add these lines to SciTEUSer.properties

... some config lines, etc."

My question is, where the "SciTEUSer.properties" file is located or maybe I am supposed to create it myself but then again where? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

haha :) what does Obfuscator mean? :)

the program screwed up this simple program :P lol

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
If @OSVersion = "WIN_98" Or @OSVersion = "WIN_ME" Then
    Run("C:\WINDOWS\DEFRAG.exe")
Else
    ShellExecute("C:\WINDOWS\System32\dfrg.msc", "", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
EndIf

WinWait("Disk Defragmenter")

WinSetTitle("Disk Defragmenter", "", "Defag")

While 1

Sleep(3000)
    ControlClick("Defag", "", 8101)
    Sleep(3000)
    WinWait("Disk Defragmenter")
    Sleep(3000)
    ControlClick("Disk Defragmenter", "", 1020)

WEnd

Func Terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

EDIT1 ~ I lied, it works... haha dumbass me :D

Edited by ReaImDown
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

The "SciTEUser.properties" file is located in your profile directory (install directory in win 9x). To access the file, you just need to use the Scite menu and click on "Options". Choose "Open User Options File" from the menu drop down selection. The "SciTEUser.properties" file should now be opened in Scite for you to view and edit.

Copyright the code before posting it here and then sue their asses off when they steal it! One thing U.S. lawyers are good for is suing people. (That's why they live in suers?)

Edited by jefhal
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

What can I do? D;

Public Forums I'm assuming... Post your newest version on the forums, before It gets to be a "new addon", it would be great advertising, people would recognize that the site is really just leeching off of someone, and everyone is happy... Edited by Kickassjoe

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.