AutoIt Seeming not to work?

I am still striking out on getting AutoIt to actually be able to click a button or type/send text. Bringing windows to the front works as does setting the focus or launching applications. For example, if I use the Calculator demo that comes with AutoIt, it launches Calculator, does nothing, and then quits calculator.

...other symptoms are that if I try to use ControlFocus only the control id #, e.g. say 4227 in a filedownload box seems to work, not the name of the control.

Are there known programs that would tend to create this problem? Any thoughts on what could be going on here?

Further info:

- this is v 3.2.4.8 of AutoIt

- computer is WinXP SP2; +IE7; +Office 2003

- Virus "free" per Symantec v10 with def'ns from 5/27

- Ad-Aware found no spyware

• Developers

I am still striking out on getting AutoIt to actually be able to click a button or type/send text. Bringing windows to the front works as does setting the focus or launching applications. For example, if I use the Calculator demo that comes with AutoIt, it launches Calculator, does nothing, and then quits calculator.

...other symptoms are that if I try to use ControlFocus only the control id #, e.g. say 4227 in a filedownload box seems to work, not the name of the control.

Are there known programs that would tend to create this problem? Any thoughts on what could be going on here?

Further info:

- this is v 3.2.4.8 of AutoIt

- computer is WinXP SP2; +IE7; +Office 2003

- Virus "free" per Symantec v10 with def'ns from 5/27

- Ad-Aware found no spyware

What Langueage OS do you have ?

What is the exact Calculator title ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

What Langueage OS do you have ?

What is the exact Calculator title ?

English & Calculator respectively.

Also, I've tried other examples and all have similar problems--AutoIt can launch things, bring windows to the front, focus controls, but NOT click/type data.

Edited by rubyuser

Maybe screenshot with Calculator and Au3Info tool with highlighted calculator application will help.

I think focusing on the calculator misses the point, I cannot get ANY autoit script to successfully click a button. I have used the Au3Info tool and I can get ControlFocus to work, but not ControlClick, similarly Send will not work, I can send 'ALT' to highlight menus but not the next keystroke.

About focus I have written little helper script:

HotKeySet("{F9}", "_exit")

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode',2)
SplashTextOn("PZ Info",'',150,50,850,650)

While 1
    $a = ControlGetFocus("","")
    ControlSetText("Info", "", "Static1", $a & @CRLF & @HOUR & ':' & @MIN & ':' & @SEC)
;~  TraySetToolTip($a)
    Sleep(250)
WEnd

Func _exit()
    SplashOff()
    HotKeySet("{F9}")
    Exit
EndFunc

About focus I have written little helper script:

Works fine, F9 exits the script... Thanks for trying to help, but I am not sure what this establishes? AutoIt still is unable to SEND a keystroke to another window/form/dialog box.

Please... try your script on a similar PC... if it works, then you have some quarky problem with your PC. Some gameguard gone wild or virus or something..

LAr.

Thanks for the tips, I tried some other malware detection programs (Prevx) and it found the spyware that had messed up my computer, AutoIt seems to work now.