VISTA and IECREATE

Hello

With last update of Autoit, and fresh installed Vista Home basic (french) + IE7, if I execute following instruction

$oIE = _IECreate ("http://www.investir.fr/liste/liste.phtml?num=1")

IE7 opens 2 windows : first is blank, and second is OK. But IECreate returns control after blank screen of IE7, and not after good screen. So I cannot use the second good screen for following instructions.

All is OK with XP, this problem exists only with Vista.

Can you help me. Or say to me how to bypass this problem.

Than you for your reply.

I would guess taht your trouble is isolated to that particular website right? Doesn't happen with most (any) others?

That website is doing a redirect to http://www.investir.fr/non_enregistre.phtm...phtml%3Fnum%3D1 and it is possible that IE in Vista handles taht slightly differently -- I cannot test this as I am running XP.

I am not surprised by _IECreate returning before any redirect however -- internally it waits for a page load to complete and in fact it does complete and the browser then forwards you to another location.

The easiest way to handle this would be to go directly to the redirected URL instead of the one you are using.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Yes, there is something different in Vista and it is not an issue with AutoIt or with IE.au3

I installed Vista in a virtual machine and tested. The initial browser creation appears to hang with a Connecting... status in the tab. The subsequent Navigate command ends up creating a new browser window.

I say it is unrelated to AutoIt because the following 3 line VBScript prodces the same result:

set o_object = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
o_object.visible = True
o_object.navigate ("http://www.google.com")

I've got to think that this is getting discussed because it is going to break a lot of code already out there (having noting to do with AutoIt). A quick search didn't find it however.

My time at this moment is limited, so if anyone else thinks they are able to find anything on this, please take a crack at it.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

The problem is security in IE7.

I turned security to the lowest setting and unchecked "ENABLE PROTECTION MODE"

Here is what its doing.

It creates the IE.Application Object and opens the new window with a blank page, then because of security settings, it NAVIGATES to the link you want it to. If you then have a command QUIT the object you created, it closes the BLANK window. It will allow you to modify the object but it wont let you navigate in the same window because it takes you to a different security zone....

Try it. It worked for me... :)

• 4 weeks later...