User Profile creation script, Any ideas?

Hi, i'm looking for a basic script for setting up user profiles, something that can be ran from a memory stick.

At my work we deploy new PCs every day and have to logon to the machines as the user and set the folder options, shortcuts, change options etc for each user. Is there anything already created that i could work on / modify for my needs ?

Hi, i'm looking for a basic script for setting up user profiles, something that can be ran from a memory stick.

At my work we deploy new PCs every day and have to logon to the machines as the user and set the folder options, shortcuts, change options etc for each user. Is there anything already created that i could work on / modify for my needs ?

it's easier to create roaming profiles which are stored on the server. So you'll have to do the work only once! Then you can also use the copy of a profile to start with, where all default options are set and you just change a few user specific things. Search google for "windows roaming profiles".

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I cant use roaming profiles as that is looked after by the network team which we have no control over.

I've created a script that does what i need - just 2 problems i cant seem to overcome.

1. I need to place shortcuts in the quicklaunch folder

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

but how i can i enter the above path with the current logged on users id ?

e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\JoeBloggs\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Is there a variable i can use such as $currentuser$ ??

2. In outlook 03 i need to adjust the Navigation Pane - in the bottom corner of the navigation pane is an arrow which if you hover over it says "Configure Buttons" - i cant find a hotkey to select this so i can expand it and select show fewer buttons, which i want to use in a script - again im stumped on this