unreadable pixel colors

in some programs (games), i cant get the pixel colors. some others allow

Posted Image

shown picture, the color is 0xFFFF00 (pure yellow - learnt it by pasting on a bmp file). but game doesnt allow me to get the image. is there a way to get color from a game like that? thnx for answers

TY.

I would also like to know the answer to this. I have noticed it with the Yahoo Sidebar. None of the widget pixels are recognized by Autoit, but instead it sees the pixels underneath on the desktop.

Edited by ofLight

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

Ive researched your provided link and dont understand why "Yahoo Widgets" a sidebar application would produce the same effect. Shurly they are not running gameguard? I have also done another search regarding gameguard and can find no viable explanation. Any further info would be greatly apreaciated.

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

Ive Started useing a bit of a workaround, although the "Exact" reason for the initial problem is still unknown. I use VMWorkstation6 to run my application (in this case Yahoo Widgets) and run my AU3 on the Hostbox. Ive tried useing it on a Gomebot as well and the pixelrecognition works fine. This should also , if im not mistaken sercumvent the processes detection alot of games use to stop botters.

As of right now the only limitation I can see is going to be your DirectX requirements, VMWorkstation6 supports up to DX8 natively or if you have access to Parrellels3.0 you can use up to DX9 with no issues.