Progress bar for application run

Hello all.

I've been searching the forums for like 30 minutes now and I haven't been able to find anything related to what I want to do, all i find are progress bars for file/folders copy...

I have a program that takes like 2 or 3 minutes sometimes more to fully load, what i want to do its create a progress bar for that program, that shows the progress untill the program is fully loaded.

I cannot use time because the loading time is not always the same, besides it changes depending on the pc you run it.

I'm using the Run Command to open the program but I still dont know how to update the progress bar with the actual time it takes to load the program....

I tried winwait but it doesn't work because even when the program is not completely loaded the window with a title already exist...

I hope i explained myself good enough for you to understand.

Thanks in advance.

do the extern programm outputs some text?

Like: 1% or smt ?

Then you could use stdin / stdoud read.

It doesn't output text as far as I know...

Are any controls disabled untill it finishes loading?

If so you just keep checking the control untill it is enabled.

It takes time to load because its full of graphics, it is a game actually, and what's inside of it you cannot check it with the info tool or anything.

SplashTextOn('Progress','Loading program.exe ...',300,50)
Run('program.exe')
WinWaitActive('title of program')
SplashOff()
Yor code works great, thank you, the only thing is that there is no progress bar at all :), but apart from that it works perfect.

I run an internet café and what im trying to do is some kind of launcher that shows the progress bar while the program windows (L-i-n-e-a-g-e-I-I) fully load and avoid the user from trying to open anything else from the desktop that might slow down the program load.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Edited by retghy

Why not make a script that stops mouse/keyboard input until the game is loaded??

Maybe something like

SplashTextOn('Loading','Please note that while the game is loading your keyboard and mouse will be disabled... Please wait a minute...',300,50)
BlockInput(1)
Run('program.exe')
WinWaitActive('title of program')
SplashOff()
BlockInput(0)

• 2 years later...

Sorry for so many posts on this topic, But here is another one using process exists true in the splash and process close in the GUI. The splash will disable the mouse and the gui will enable the mouse.

When the splash is launched it will start your main program and run the splash until you program closes the splash. My example GUI will sleep for a bit and then ProcessClose("Splash.exe") and show the window. NOTE: This is just a quick example.

In the Splash.au3 you will need to Comment out or change the FileInstall() DIR, i used this to compile the Splash.jpg into the exe and it puts the file in the windows temp folder. Also the Splash will disable the mouse and the GUI will enable it back, You may want to change this as well.

There is an error in the file install

Original error "C:Windows\ == I left out the \

Fix for file install "C:\Windows\Temp\Splash.jpg")

It should look something like this.

$CompileSplash = True

If $CompileSplash = True Then FileInstall("Splash.jpg", "C:\Windows\Temp\Splash.jpg")

Sleep(250)

Edited by jdg2010