Autoit crashes on one instance of a plugin function

I set up a function here that utilizes eltorro's zip plugin. I'll just show you the code first.

Func _unDUO($sArchive, $sDest)
    ;extract archive via commandline
;~  ShellExecuteWait(@ScriptDir & "\rar.exe", "x* "&$sArchive&" "&$sDest)
;~  ShellExecute("rar.exe", "x "&$sArchive&" *.* "&$sDest&)
    $split = StringSplit($sArchive, "/\")
    $countsplit = UBound($split)
    $count = $countsplit - 1
    $check = StringRight($split[$count], 3)
    If $check = "duo" Then
        _GUICtrlStatusBarSetText($statusbar, "Creating temporary file")
        FileCopy($sArchive, "tmp.rar")
        _GUICtrlStatusBarSetText($statusbar, "Extracting RAR archive")
        _RunDOS("cd "&@ScriptDir)
        _RunDOS("rar x tmp.rar *.*")
        FileCopy(StringReplace($split[$count], ".rar", ".zip"), "tmp.zip", 1)
        FileDelete(StringReplace($split[$count], ".rar", ".zip"))
        _GUICtrlStatusBarSetText($statusbar, "Extracting ZIP archive")
        Sleep(1000)
        _ZipUnZip("tmp.zip", $sDest)
        _GUICtrlStatusBarSetText($statusbar, "Deleting temporary files")
        If FileExists("tmp.rar") Then FileDelete("tmp.rar")
        If FileExists("tmp.zip") Then FileDelete("tmp.zip")
        If FileExists(StringReplace($split[$count], ".rar", ".zip")) Then FileDelete(StringReplace($split[$count], ".rar", ".zip"))
        _GUICtrlStatusBarSetText($statusbar, "Done extracting.")
    ElseIf $check = "rar" Then
        FileCopy($sArchive, "tmp.rar", 1)
        _GUICtrlStatusBarSetText($statusbar, "Extracting RAR archive")
        _RunDOS("cd "&@ScriptDir)
        _RunDOS("rar x tmp.rar *.* "&$sDest)
        If FileExists("tmp.rar") Then FileDelete("tmp.rar")
    ElseIf $check = "zip" Then
        FileCopy($sArchive, "tmp.zip", 1)
        _GUICtrlStatusBarSetText($statusbar, "Extracting ZIP archive")
        _ZipUnZip("tmp.zip", $sDest)
;~      _RunDOS("cd "&@ScriptDir)
;~      _RunDOS("7z x tmp.zip -o"""&@ScriptDir&"\"&$sDest&""" * ")
        If FileExists("tmp.zip") Then FileDelete("tmp.zip")
    Else
        MsgBox(0, "Uh-oh!", "You are trying to extract an unsupported file. Please only select DUO, RAR, or ZIP files. Until later, unDUO is not compatible with any other archive formats.")
    EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_unDUO

When I extract a ZIP file (meaning that it will be executing commands under the 'ElseIf $check = "zip"' section), it works fine. Everything is extracted. But when I extract a DUO file (this time it is unextracting RAR, then ZIP), AutoIt always gives me that 'AutoIt3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close' error as soon as it sets the statusbar to 'Extracting ZIP archive'.

You probably know by now that I am horrible at explaining things, so please ask for elaboration if you need it.

Thanks,

SANDMAN!

EDIT:the commented _RunDOS commands were part of a trial and error experiment with the 7-Zip commandline EXE. That didn't work. :)

Also, please note that the same functions are used for ZIP extraction and the ZIP part of the DUO extraction in this script.

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

well im not good at "understanding english" , but this might be a Bug Report

Okay, I'll report it and see how that turns out.

Meanwhile, does anyone else have any other ideas?

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

• Developers

Okay, I'll report it and see how that turns out.

Meanwhile, does anyone else have any other ideas?

First thing that needs checking is the used plug in ... doubt this is an AutoIt3 error so don;t think a Bug report will help unless you narrow it down more...

:)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I added some more information about the DLL in the bug report (sorry, I read your post after already making a report)

Here

• Developers

I added some more information about the DLL in the bug report (sorry, I read your post after already making a report)

Here

I have seen it and think it should be minimised the something basic/simple to demo the problem.

Is the crash happening during a call to the DLL ? if so the Dll needs to be reviewed and shouldn;t it be reported in the AutoIt3 BUGs forum.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Also if you would like to test the script to see what the problem is, I have attached it.

MAKE SURE that you keep rar.exe and au3zip.dll in the same folder as the script!

Is the crash happening during a call to the DLL?

Yes, as soon as the plugin function is called, it crashes, but only if you are using the DUO method (RAR containing a ZIP, that means extracting a RAR, then extracting a ZIP inside that.) If you are doing ZIP, it works fine. It uses the same function, same DLL.

EDIT:Do you think using DllCall() instead of plugins would change anything? Worth a try?

EDIT:removed to make more upload space, pm me if you still want it.

Edited by sandman

• Developers

Yes, as soon as the plugin function is called, it crashes, but only if you are using the DUO method (RAR containing a ZIP, that means extracting a RAR, then extracting a ZIP inside that.) If you are doing ZIP, it works fine. It uses the same function, same DLL.

As said, the owner of the plugin will have to debug the DLL to see why its crashing..

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I pm'ed eltorro and asked him to check it out. He's the only one with the source of the DLL so.. yeah.