Frustrated with icons!

I'm pulling my hair out here.

I know how to assign a custom icon to my compiled script using the Wrapper's compiler directive like so:

#Compiler_Icon=Z:\test.ico ;Filename of the Ico file to use

But it only sort of works. In Vista anyway, it seems to only display correctly when I have the "view" (in explorer) set to "small icons". Sometimes it works for medium icons... but it never works for large or extra large. At best, it displays the "medium" size (32x32) instead of 96x96 or 256x256 - even though the icons I'm working with include those images. However, more often than not... it just displays the autoit icon with poor resolution when I choose any of the larger sizes.

Is it my icon? Or is it a limitation with AutoIt??

Thanks.

LD

I would suggest that there is a problem with the particular icon files you're using. I have compiled a test script with an icon that goes up to 256x256 and Vista has no problem with it. If the icons are your own, whatever software you are using to create them isn't doing it correctly.

You're right. I was using GConvert 4.1 and didn't notice that for some reason it is limited to 255 x 255 (not 256). Weird... anyway, I'm not sure if the missing pixel is the problem or something else... but when I instead used Axialis's IconWorshop it works fine. Now to see if I can get my money back for the CConvert. I guess next time I should actually USE the 30 day trial rather than just buying right away :)

Thanks.

LD