which is safer? a passphrase or none?

if I were to compile a script, and I didnt wish it to be reverse engineered easily, technically I should be coding in C++, but, never the less, which is more reliable, allowing decompilation with a passphrase, or not having any decompilation @ all?

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

if I were to compile a script, and I didnt wish it to be reverse engineered easily, technically I should be coding in C++, but, never the less, which is more reliable, allowing decompilation with a passphrase, or not having any decompilation @ all?

The later is not really an option, given that hacked decompilers exist in the wild already that don't ask for the passphrase anyway. Those options will prevent casual access to the source, but are not expected to provide bullet proof protection.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Obfuscator will also prevent a casual observer from reading your code too. I just discovered it today. It's pretty sweet.

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]