Taking a picture of a website automatically

Hi there is there a way to take a picture of a website automatically using php's functions? Could not find anything on google unfortunately. :)

Thanks for your help. :)

Wouldn't this be a question to ask on a PHP forum? :)
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Hrm yeah, I did it in fact. :) But I also wanted to try here because a desktop application is often a cooler solution. :)

Well, I don't know about PHP functions, but you can do this with AutoIt. Is that what you're after?

Yeah, basically. Is it possible?

Sure is. There is a screen capture module in Auto3Lib that will allow you to take a picture of any region of the screen or take a screen shot of a specific window based on it's window handle. All you need to do is get the handle to IE (or whatever you're using) and feed it to _ScreenCap_CaptureHWND. There are several examples that come with the library that show how to do this. See my sig for the download and feel free to give me a shout if you need help.

Thank you for your help. :)

here is my source code:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <A3LScreenCap.au3>
$oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")

; Create a simple GUI for our output
GUICreate ( "Taking photo of a website - Tim Koschuetzki", @DesktopWidth-100, @Desktopheight-100,10, 10 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
$GUIActiveX         = GUICtrlCreateObj      ( $oIE,      10, 40 , @DesktopWidth-150 , @Desktopheight-200)
$GUI_Button_Back    = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Back",     10, @Desktopheight-150, 100,  30)
$GUI_Button_Forward = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Forward", 120, @Desktopheight-150, 100,  30)
$GUI_Button_Home    = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Home",    230, @Desktopheight-150, 100,  30)
$GUI_Button_Stop    = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Stop",    330, @Desktopheight-150, 100,  30)

GUISetState ()    ;Show GUI

$oIE.navigate("http://linklift.de")

sleep(5000)
;_ScreenCap_Capture(@DesktopDir&"me.jpg")

; Full screen capture
_ScreenCap_Capture("c:\full.bmp")

; Region capture
_ScreenCap_Capture("c:\part1.bmp", 0, 0, 300, 400)

; Waiting for user to close the window
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Home
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Back
            $oIE.GoBack
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Forward
            $oIE.GoForward
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Stop
            $oIE.Stop
    EndSelect

Wend

GUIDelete ()

Exit

What I want to do is take a screenshot of the $GUIActiveX window. is that possible? Also with the above code I get the following error at the first call to screencap:

C:\PROGRA~2\AutoIt3\Include\A3LWinAPI.au3 (1009) : ==> AutoIt has encountered a fatal crash as a result of:

Unable to execute DLLCall.:

$aResult = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "FormatMessageA", "int", $iFlags, "hwnd", $pSource, "int", $iMessageID, "int", $iLanguageID, "ptr", $pBuffer, "int", $iSize, "ptr", $vArguments)

too bad. :/

Okay using screen capture now.

$pictureWidth = 300
$pictureHeight = 200

GUICreate ( "Taking photo of a website - Tim Koschuetzki", @DesktopWidth-100, @Desktopheight-100,10, 10 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
$GUIActiveX         = GUICtrlCreateObj      ( $oIE,      10, 40 , $pictureWidth , $pictureHeight)
$GUI_Button_Back    = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Back",     10, @Desktopheight-150, 100,  30)
$GUI_Button_Forward = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Forward", 120, @Desktopheight-150, 100,  30)
$GUI_Button_Home    = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Home",    230, @Desktopheight-150, 100,  30)
$GUI_Button_Stop    = GuiCtrlCreateButton   ("Stop",    330, @Desktopheight-150, 100,  30)

GUISetState ()    ;Show GUI

sleep(3000)

DllCall("captdll.dll", "int", "CaptureRegion", "str", @DesktopDir&"\dump_full.jpg", "int", 30,"int",75,"int", $pictureWidth,"int",$pictureHeight,"int",100)
;DllCall("captdll.dll", "int", "CaptureRegion", "str", @DesktopDir&"\dump_partial.jpg", "int", 100, "int", 100, "int", 300, "int", 200, "int", -1)
Exit

; Capture given region
; Fist parameter - filename, next four: left, top, width, height. Last one - jpeg quality.
; Set quality to any negative number to capture into BMP
;DllCall("captdll.dll", "int", "CaptureRegion", "str", "dump_partial.bmp", "int", 100, "int", 100, "int", 300, "int", 200, "int", -1)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
            ExitLoop
            $oIE.GoBack
            $oIE.GoForward
            $oIE.Stop
    EndSelect

Wend

GUIDelete ()

Exit

Problem is that now the ActiveX opens the website in its original size, whereas I want to create a thumbnail. Can I open the site in 300x200 without scrolling to make a thumbnail?

Thank you for your help. :)

here is my source code:

$GUIActiveX         = GUICtrlCreateObj      ( $oIE,      10, 40 , @DesktopWidth-150 , @Desktopheight-200)

GUISetState ();Show GUI

sleep(5000)
;_ScreenCap_Capture(@DesktopDir&"me.jpg")
; Full screen capture
_ScreenCap_Capture("c:\full.bmp")

; Region capture
_ScreenCap_Capture("c:\part1.bmp", 0, 0, 300, 400)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
            ExitLoop
            $oIE.GoBack
            $oIE.GoForward
            $oIE.Stop
    EndSelect

Wend

GUIDelete ()

Exit

What I want to do is take a screenshot of the $GUIActiveX window. is that possible? Also with the above code I get the following error at the first call to screencap:

C:\PROGRA~2\AutoIt3\Include\A3LWinAPI.au3 (1009) : ==> AutoIt has encountered a fatal crash as a result of:

Unable to execute DLLCall.:

$aResult = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "FormatMessageA", "int", $iFlags, "hwnd", $pSource, "int", $iMessageID, "int", $iLanguageID, "ptr", $pBuffer, "int", $iSize, "ptr", $vArguments)

too bad. :/

If you'd read the instructions and use the latest version of AutoIt, you wouldn't get such errors. Might want to go back to the download section and read this:

Read this before you download:

Make sure you have the latest production version of AutoIt installed before installing Auto3Lib.

It's too bad you can't read. Edited by PaulIA

With all respect I downloaded the last beta, instealled and the code gives me the error I posted...

The instructions tell you (in 3 different places) to install the latest production release, not the latest beta. This is the same error that people get when they're using an older version of AutoIt. If you'd do a bit of searching, you'd see I've answered this exact question probably a dozen times in the past month. But hey, what do I know? I'm just the guy who wrote the library. :)