Creating a listener

Ok here is the problem I have. I need to keep a log of when a user click at a specific location in a software. The application is a Java base soft. I'm trying to get the button ID but I don't think I can.

Can you help me out on how to accomplish that.

So basically all I need is the script to stay silent in the background and log in a regular text file when a user click a specific button on a application. And for all of you who is thinking that I'm trying to make a keylogger well that ain't the case.

Thank you for your help.

Java GUIs are not like normal GUIs; they do not use the Windows API to draw buttons and text boxes, etc. Firefox is the same way, and now so is Office, and MS Live Messenger, etc. Therefore you are going to have a very hard time if that's the only way you can think of to accomplish your task.

May I ask, what legitimate purpose would be facilitated by this key click logging?

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

Well the purpose of this script would be to check 2-3 users. My main problem is this. I need to know when they log in a specific application and when they close it. The application is the Attendant console from Cisco. So basically I need to know when they put themself "online" and when the disconnect themself from the same soft. The button is the same for loggin in and out .

Thanks for your help

I would do a checksum on the login button and logout button, or the a certain area in the program that is unique depending on when they are logged in or logged out.

If you want to see if they have exited the software then use ProcessExists("software.exe") in a loop with a sleep(). You may also want to make sure the Mousecoordmode and pixelcoordmode are set to "active window" relative so when u do the checksums it will use the coordinates based on the software window.

www.itoady.com

A* (A-star) Searching Algorithm - A.I. Artificial Intelligence bot path finding