SciTE where is the error msgbox?

I have been trying to find an option in SciTE to use a msgbox to display an error like the older version of SciTE. I hate using this console window, too much scrolling and useless information about warnings. Anyone have any idea? If not then how can I get an older version of SciTE?

www.itoady.com

A* (A-star) Searching Algorithm - A.I. Artificial Intelligence bot path finding

Try adding this to your au3.properties file.

# Debug MessageBox Option 2="All"  1="No @extended"   0="No @extended & @error".
debug.msgbox.option=1

and

# 24 Add a msgbox for debugging
command.name.24.$(file.patterns.au3)=Debug to MsgBox
command.subsystem.24.$(file.patterns.au3)=3
command.24.$(file.patterns.au3)=Debug_MsgBox
command.shortcut.24.$(file.patterns.au3)=Ctrl+Shift+D
command.save.before.24.$(file.patterns.au3)=2

Not positive that will work but its the only thing i can think of at the moment (backup you au3.properties first).

MUHAHAHAHAHA

• Developers

Thanks, yet this does not seem to work at all. I dont want that "au3check errors" to pop up, just want a error MSGBOX to popup if an error happens.

You mean you do not want Autoit3Wrapper to run AU3Check for you and do not want the AutoIt3 errors piped to the Output pane of SciTE ...right ?

You must be crazy or drunk or something but anyways, add this in your SciTEUSer.properties are have fun with it:

command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(autoit3dir)\AutoIt3.exe" "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(autoit3dir)\AutoIt3.exe" "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)

Oh, the bare minimum. That brings back some memories :) . JdeB, I believe those variables may need declaration 1st before being used.

file.patterns.au3=*.au3

###- A U T O I T  V E R S I O N  T O  R U N -###
autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..
#~ autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\Beta

# Commands to compile / run your script

I would think that debugging will get hard without using Au3Check by default. But, only one way to learn your lesson and that can be the hard way for some.

Edit:

I stand corrected as JdeB below has replied below.

Edited by MHz

• Developers

Oh, the bare minimum. That brings back some memories :) . JdeB, I believe those variables may need declaration 1st before being used.

I am assuming the OP is using the SciTE4AutoIt3 installation so they should be declared already :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am assuming the OP is using the SciTE4AutoIt3 installation so they should be declared already :)

Yes, you are right. My thinking was that user.properties is read before au3.properties but it seems the reverse. Scite would read from the Global.properties and finish with Local.properties, if Local options exist so understandably as to why Local or User Options can over rule the Au3 or Global options. That makes sense.

• Developers

Thank you all! That did it. I have just been using the popup msgbox for a while and Ive grown custom to it. I feel its more convenient thats all :)

Do you realize that :

- AutoIt3 only gives an error when its encountered and that Au3Check tells you about them upfront ?

- The errors given in the Outputpane are clickable and bring you strait to the Line with the error ?

Anyway .. do what you feel good with even if its not the "smartest" way of doing things in my humble opinion. :)

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I think Im a little lost here, I cant find the SciTEUser.properties file anywhere. Do I have to manually create this file and add that line to it?

In SciTE: Options/Open User Options File

Yes, I do. Yet I get all these useless warning, then I have to search through all that junk to find the error I made. I dont care about warnings, I just want to see the errors lol. I dunno maybe I am crazy .

Warnings Could be Errors too ... I always make sure Au3Check runs without ANY Warning . again ..it up to you how you work .... :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.