strange tooltip behavior

if $f_Fullscreen = 1 then
    ToolTip("Ctrl+c to pause/unpause"& @CRLF &"Ctrl+x to stop", @DesktopWidth-155, @DesktopHeight-120, "", 1)      Sleep(1000)
Else
      Sleep(100)
EndIf

when the $f_Fullscreen = 1 the tooltip appears but it remains there forever, the Sleep(1000) does not works...

how do i make the tooltip dissappear in a selected time?

Edited by c4nm7

again it doesnt work...

The only thing that I fixed was your sleep line was on the same line as your tooltip line. Val mentioned feeding the tooltip a null, but the code that you posted (once fixed) will exit and the tooltip goes away...

Edit - but I should have known that the code posted was but a portion of a larger script - I should have seen Val's point and not focused on what was probably a copy/paste error :-(

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

ToolTip("Ctrl+c to pause/unpause"& @CRLF &"Ctrl+x to stop", @DesktopWidth-155, @DesktopHeight-120, "", 1)
Your options call for an icon, but no title is given, so the icon will not be displayed.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Your options call for an icon, but no title is given, so the icon will not be displayed.

:)

Good catch - I totally missed that. It must not be a good day for me to look at code. I'll go back to sleep now.

The only thing that I fixed was your sleep line was on the same line as your tooltip line. Val mentioned feeding the tooltip a null, but the code that you posted (once fixed) will exit and the tooltip goes away...

Edit - but I should have known that the code posted was but a portion of a larger script - I should have seen Val's point and not focused on what was probably a copy/paste error :-(

yeah im sure you would know that cause you are an mvp.. anyway it was my mistake, thanks all of you for helping

dont know if that is considered to be a bug or it was an *occasionally problem but in the help file it says

ToolTip("This is a tooltip", 0, 0)
Sleep(2000); Sleep to give tooltip time to display

so i couldnt know that ToolTip("") should take place

*WRONG, might change the meaning of the phrase

...but in the help file it says

ToolTip("This is a tooltip", 0, 0)
Sleep(2000); Sleep to give tooltip time to display
...so i couldnt know that ToolTip("") should take place...
...but the help file also says:

"A Tooltip will appear until the script terminates or ToolTip("") is called".

It is the third sentence in the remarks section.

Edited by herewasplato

...but the help file also says:

"A Tooltip will appear until the script terminates or ToolTip("") is called".

It is the third sentence in the remarks section.

:)  missed that ... my fault, should have checked the help file twice before posting