SciTE AutoIt3Wrapper - what am I doing wrong?

I've got everything installed to the latest (non-beta) release for AutoIt3 and SciTe.

I've got all the directives set up at the bottom of my script.

When I right-click on the Au3 file and choose "Compile using Au3Wrapper" everything seems to work with no problem... and obviously its reading my directives at least partially because the correct icon gets used.

But beyond that, none of the settings seem to apply (at least the ones I know how to check).

Right clicking the exe and choosing properties reveals the standard Version info, etc.

Reshacker still claims the exe was compressed, even though I explicitely say in the directives to not use UPx (which, by the way, causes my exe to be filtered as a virus on some scanners)

What am I doing wrong? Is there something else other than putting the directives into the script?

LD

Interesting... through process of elimination, I've found that this is the directive that's screwing it up:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile=DAB.exe

With that directive in, only few of the settings take (icon, for example). With that commented out, many more take.

I haven't tested enough to see if other directives also cause the problem, nor have I determined if all the settings take now... but at least some settings are ignored with that directive in place.

Bug?

LD

• Developers

Interesting... through process of elimination, I've found that this is the directive that's screwing it up:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile=DAB.exe

With that directive in, only few of the settings take (icon, for example). With that commented out, many more take.

I haven't tested enough to see if other directives also cause the problem, nor have I determined if all the settings take now... but at least some settings are ignored with that directive in place.

Bug?

LD

What version are you using ?

Please try the current test version which will be released soon... it has a couple of changes in the Reshacker portion of the code.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=349963

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm using the latest official release. I don't like to use beta/test versions because I want to avoid bugs :)

I'll give it a try when I get a chance. Probably tomorrow.

You do not like beta/test versions but you are here because you are using a bugged release version. Think about that for a moment. Now, consider that JdeB is offering a fixed version (forget the concept of the word beta or release because JdeB has mentioned that it is a release candidate version). JdeB's coding is worth trusting, IMHO.

:)

Hence, why I said

Was not sure if you wanted to try the offering, so was just trying to give you some encouragement. No put down meant. I hope your issue is solved with JdeB's updated wrapper. :)

No worries! I just thought you thought that I thought (following this?) that JDB's code wasn't going to be stable.

No, I was sort of making a subtle joke when I said I don't like to use beta to avoid bugs, because I realize that the release version has a bug :)

Its all good.

I'm going to try it right about... now. Report back when I'm done.

LD

Hmm... ok....

That particular problem (Author, version, etc not being updated) was fixed... but now a more significant one is that the icon no longer takes.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=Z:\main.ico

is ignored.

Are there new directives to follow with this version? Did the syntax change?

Thanks.

LD

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

I take it back!!

My icon didn't work because the network drive "Z" wasn't connected at the time. I reconnected, and now it works. So it was a simple matter of the resource not being available :)

Sorry.

All seems good now!

LD