I'm Trying :(

I'm wanting to make an autoit that helps out on a game. Not a bot or something like that ... that sounds really complicating... Just a autoit that will simply follow a routine of clicks repeatedly. I've done the Hello World tutorial and that made me kinda interested in what else I can create :).

I'm really new to programming and stuff. ( Like this my first time new. )

I've been looking through alot of the help/support sides , and can't seem to find what I need or if its possible.

To clear a few things up , the game is Diablo II , Lord of Destruction. :) I know , childish game , but I like it and it passes time. Thats all that matters. Once again , I do NOT want a bot. I want it to follow a pattern of specific clicking. Well I guess kinda like a bot because I don't want to have to help it. But it wont/shouldn't be even near as complex as a bot. Is there any way of doing this or am I shooting in the dark here?

Also , I'm sure from what I've been doing , this ( if I will be able to make it ) will be script ran, correct?

God I'm new =/ . I'm sure somewhere in the help menu would clear all this up but I'm really trying , I looked , I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Just asking for a little guidance. :) I Greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

Edited by Drew

Oh and another thing. Any help is still greatly thanked, but I don't want any scripts that I can just copy and paste. I want to do this on my own as a kinda "learning experience".

Also , If anyone has an idea of a simple "anything" I can make for practice at simple stuff , that would be awesome. I'm blank on where to start practicing what I'm trying to learn.

Alright. I understand this:

I have to tell it where to click and where to move... I'm looking for the cmd to make it click right now , but is there any way to know what coordinated are where on the screen??? I don't want to have to try trial and error... that could take a REALLY long time with high resolution.

• Moderators

I see you iterated several times that this "is not a bot", I'm just curious on what you think it is then?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

Edit:

Just had a giggle, that phrase "is not a bot" reminds me of "I am not a crook"

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Eek no , I'm sure valueator did good on that but I can't get past the Basic Exam so =/ S.O.L.

I think it considered a bot , but that would be considered cheating but what I'm doing isn't cheating and I don't want to be labeled a cheater ><.

Gah Idk... I'm a cheater.

Eek no , I'm sure valueator did good on that but I can't get past the Basic Exam so =/ S.O.L.

I think it considered a bot , but that would be considered cheating but what I'm doing isn't cheating and I don't want to be labeled a cheater ><.

Gah Idk... I'm a cheater.

lol, this is one of the easiest commands besides "sleep" search mouseclick no spaces...

Edited by backstabbed

tolle indicium

• Moderators

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions.htm

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/f.../MouseClick.htm

If you don't understand the above, you should follow the advice in my signature :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

ok , I haven't tried either of your links yet but through trial and error , I've managed to learn all I need to for this project. Just one more thing , save me some time and tell me how to make ESC a hot key to stop the script please

ok , I haven't tried either of your links yet but through trial and error , I've managed to learn all I need to for this project. Just one more thing , save me some time and tell me how to make ESC a hot key to stop the script please

Explain to me what this does and i would be a critic to you not looking anything up yourself...

HotKeySet ( "{esc}" , "quit")

While 1
    _check()
    sleep(1000)
WEnd

func _check()
if @HOUR <> "2" then
msgbox(1,"Umm","It is not what?")
endif

endfunc

Func quit()
exit