Choice of two windows

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me.

I have used AutoIt v3 to create a script that will run an anti-spyware application scan. It start's up, It Sends, and acts on, the correct simulated keypresses to initiate the scan. The scan begins and completes as it should (thank you AutoIt). :)

Now my problem:

When the scan completes, a couple of windows can appear depending on whether the scan located any spyware or not. Usually/mostly the scans are clear and a little dialog pops up and says "All Clear" and the operator (me) has to click an OK button to close the dialog. This all works well in the AutoIt script, I use "WinWaitActive" to wait for that dialog to appear, then "Send" a simulated ENTER keystroke to close the dialog. Now........ if that dialog doesn't appear, i.e. if some spyware has been found, how do I get AutoIt to recognise that the "All Clear" dialog wont appear and stop waiting on it, so that I may get AutoIt to act on the delete spyware options?

Many thanks in advance.

while 1
$window1=winwaitactive ("blah","")
$window2=winwaitactive ("blah2","")
if $window1=1 then
;do blaah
endif
if $window2=1 then
;do blah
endif
wend
Ahhhhhhh I see, <insert, slaps head smilie> . Thank you so much, backstabbed, I really appreciate your help. I've just started using AutoIt and couldn't figure it out for myself, that looks exactly like what I need.

Just one supplementary question, if I can impose on you a little more, please.

This script will be part of a larger script that I'm trying to create. The larger script runs a few other programs as well, the programs start, run and close, one after the other. I already have a "While 1 -- Wend" loop, so the one you have shown above will be Nested within the "While 1.....Wend" loop I already have. Will that be a problem do you think?

• Developers

The WinWaitActive() won't work to well when the second window becomes active ... You need to use WinExists() to test for multiple windows.

While 1
    If WinExists("window 1", "") Then
        ;do blaah
    EndIf
    If WinExists("window 2", "") Then
        ;do blaah
    EndIf
    Sleep(50)
WEnd
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The WinWaitActive() won't work to well when the second window becomes active ... You need to use WinExists() to test for multiple windows.

While 1
        ;do blaah
    EndIf
        ;do blaah
    EndIf
    Sleep(50)
WEnd
it was just a rough example -.- :)

tolle indicium

While 1
        ;do blaah
    EndIf
        ;do blaah
    EndIf
    Sleep(50)
WEnd
Thank you for your input, JdeB, I really do appreciate your help. I have used your code and it seems to be working okay at the moment. I hope to try backstabbed's idea as well when I have streamlined things a little more (need more spare time, lol). Thank you both sincerely for your help and time.