progress bar

Hello-

I'm try to create a progress window function that I can pass variables to from an external application or DOS batch file, and create a gui progress indicator. It actually works very nice using ProgressOn and ProgressSet, but for some reason the window flickers very quickly as it's running. It seems like the progress window needs to be forced to be in the foreground. I tried playing around with WinActivate, but it still flickers quite a bit. Does anyone know any easy way to do this??

you should post your code (or a sample that shows the effect) if you want any qualified help. How shall we know what's going wrong?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Ok- keep in mind that I am a complete novice with AutoIT so this code may be all wrong - basically I'm able to call this executable and have it create a progress bar by passing variables to it. The trouble is , the only way I know how to is by re-executing the command - I wonder if there is any kind of command that tells AutoIT that if a compiled script is already running, then dont launch a new one and use the existing? Also, a way to force it to be in the foreground (I tried Winactivate..but I wasn't even close!) thanks! !

dim $d,$tot

$tot=$cmdline[2]

$d=$cmdline[1]

; Winactivate("Test Progress Meter")

ProgressOn("Progress Meter", "Test Progress Meter", "0 percent")

$prg= round($d / $tot * 100,0)

ProgressSet( $prg, $prg & " percent")

Are you simply wanting to update the progress bar in a loop?

You can use _Singleton() to test for other instances of the same script running.

And WinActivate() should work just fine, except you have it listed BEFORE you create the progress bar...?

Can you clarify what you want to do?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hello-

I'm try to create a progress window function that I can pass variables to from an external application or DOS batch file, and create a gui progress indicator. It actually works very nice using ProgressOn and ProgressSet, but for some reason the window flickers very quickly as it's running. It seems like the progress window needs to be forced to be in the foreground. I tried playing around with WinActivate, but it still flickers quite a bit. Does anyone know any easy way to do this??

Look here

Yes, I simply want to update the progress bar in a loop. The way it is now, I can execute it with two $CmdLine variables , first being the starting record, and second being the total records. (as the starting record increments by one, the progress gets closer to finished) The trouble is I cant figure a way to go in and out of the script, without re-executing it and passing new variables to it. As a result, it actually works, it just sits there and flickers . This program is really cool...I just may be biting off more than I can chew right now.