Wait for menu-item

I need to wait for a menuitem to appear on the screen and then click on that item. I've managed to get the items and click on them, in my example I used a sleep(50) to send the Clickitem.

But for the reliabilty in my program I want to wait for an item to appear on the screen and then click on an item.

#include <A3LMenu.au3>
Winwaitactive("TESTMACHINE","")
$hWnd = WinGetHandle("TESTMACHINE")
$hMenu = _Menu_GetMenu ($hWnd)

If IsHWnd($hMenu) Then 
    $ItemCnt = _Menu_GetItemCount($hMenu)
    $resultaat=0
    for $i=0 to $ItemCnt
        If StringInStr(_Menu_GetItemText($hMenu, $i), "Acties") then
            $resultaat=$i
        endif
    next
    $resultaat2=0
    $hFileMenu = _Menu_GetItemSubMenu($hMenu, $resultaat)
    $ItemCnt = _Menu_GetItemCount($hFileMenu)
    for $i=0 to $ItemCnt
        If StringInStr(_Menu_GetItemText($hFileMenu, $i), "Vo&lgblad") then
            $resultaat2=$i
        endif
    next
    _Menu_ClickItem($hWnd, $hMenu, $resultaat)
    sleep(50)
    _Menu_ClickItem($hWnd, $hFileMenu, $resultaat2)
    Sleep(50)
endIf

Can anyone help me?

Edited by IQ9003

I need to wait for a menuitem to appear on the screen and then click on that item. I've managed to get the items and click on them, in my example I used a sleep(50) to send the Clickitem.

But for the reliabilty in my program I want to wait for an item to appear on the screen and then click on an item.

Can anyone help me?

This mod loops until the first menu item appears, then checks for the subitem. Only when both appear do they get clicked and it exits the While/WEnd loop:

#include <A3LMenu.au3>
WinWaitActive("TESTMACHINE", "")
$hWnd = WinGetHandle("TESTMACHINE")
$hMenu = _Menu_GetMenu ($hWnd)

If IsHWnd($hMenu) Then
    While 1
        $ItemCnt = _Menu_GetItemCount ($hMenu)
        $resultaat = 0
        For $i = 0 To $ItemCnt
            If StringInStr(_Menu_GetItemText ($hMenu, $i), "Acties") Then
                $resultaat = $i
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
        If $resultaat Then
            $resultaat2 = 0
            $hFileMenu = _Menu_GetItemSubMenu ($hMenu, $resultaat)
            $ItemCnt = _Menu_GetItemCount ($hFileMenu)
            For $i = 0 To $ItemCnt
                If StringInStr(_Menu_GetItemText ($hFileMenu, $i), "Vo&lgblad") Then
                    $resultaat2 = $i
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next
            If $resultaat2 Then
                _Menu_ClickItem ($hWnd, $hMenu, $resultaat)
                Sleep(50)
                _Menu_ClickItem ($hWnd, $hFileMenu, $resultaat2)
                Sleep(50)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
    WEnd
Else
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "Invalid menu handle in $hMenu.")
EndIf

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanx for your reply.

However my problem remains, I'm trying to get rid of the sleeps. I want to open a menu and then wait for an item before sending the next click.

Because I have a main loop with ~400 records, therefore I don't want to wait with sleeps. (and sometimes the sleeps are to short and the main loop stops)

Any other suggestions what I can do?

Thanx for your reply.

However my problem remains, I'm trying to get rid of the sleeps. I want to open a menu and then wait for an item before sending the next click.

Because I have a main loop with ~400 records, therefore I don't want to wait with sleeps. (and sometimes the sleeps are to short and the main loop stops)

Any other suggestions what I can do?

Sleeps? The only sleeps in my code are 50 miliseconds long and only get used when it's actually clicking on the menu items. Did you even try the code... flow chart it... read it... anything?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks you for you're response, and I have tryed the code and it works fine most of the time. However sometimes the scripts halts and I can see that the clicks are sent but the second click is too fast for the system.

The program wich I'm trying to automate runs on a server, therefore the response between the first keystroke and the second isn't always constant. When I send the first key I need to wait till the menu is visible and only then I can send the second key. (sometimes the response can be ~1 second).

Sleep(50)

Sleeps? The only sleeps in my code are 50 miliseconds long and only get used when it's actually clicking on the menu items. Did you even try the code... flow chart it... read it... anything?

Unfortunately the program doesn't use hotkeys for that function.

Just in case it applies to your situation... any chance the application you're interacting with uses hotkeys for those menu items?

LD

Thanks you for you're response, and I have tryed the code and it works fine most of the time. However sometimes the scripts halts and I can see that the clicks are sent but the second click is too fast for the system.

The program wich I'm trying to automate runs on a server, therefore the response between the first keystroke and the second isn't always constant. When I send the first key I need to wait till the menu is visible and only then I can send the second key. (sometimes the response can be ~1 second).

Then you need a longer Sleep() in my code. Again, since the sleep only gets used when the actual clicking happens, it shouldn't be a total execution time issue. Give it enough time from the first item click to the second to make it reliable:

Sleep(1000) ; 1sec delay

I need to wait for a menuitem to appear on the screen and then click on that item...

Then you may have to use one of the pixel functions:

pixel... = x

activate menu

do

sleep

until not pixel = x

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Thanks for your reply, it works!

With the PixelChecksum I'm able to detect a change on the screen.

$checksum = PixelChecksum(20,90, 90,250)
        While $checksum = PixelChecksum(20,90,90,250)
          Sleep(10)
        WEnd

Then you may have to use one of the pixel functions:

pixel... = x

activate menu

do

sleep

until not pixel = x

-MSP-