.net control for auto login script

Hi fellas,

Im just getting started with AutoIT and im trying to get some automated testing scripts going in it for a .net application (written in c#) Im testing. I know this is a newbie question but im stuck...I'm simply seeing if i can get an autologin script going in to start out. The login screen for my application does not have a form title so that could be my first problem. My script actually gets the executable to bring up the screen and defaults to the password text box with the blinking cursor. I have in my program to send the password which is 'admin' but it doesn't write it in.

Here is the start of it

run ('C:\directory of the .exe')

$sPassword = "admin"

Send("sPassword")

The GUI for login has the following four text boxes the first three are already populated with the correct info:

sqlserver (already poplulated)

database (already populated)

username (already populated)

password (need to populated)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In addidition if anyone thinks it is possible to clear all the remembered values of the fields out and the have a script put all 4 values in I wouldn't be opposed to doing it that way either.

1 this would be correct

$sPassword = "admin"

Send($sPassword)

... however

2 ControlSend()

Would be more effective and make sure the info is sent to the correct control

you will need the control info and you can get that from

Start > Autoit V3 > Autoit Window Info

see help file

8)

NEWHeader1.png

1 this would be correct

$sPassword = "admin"

Send($sPassword)

... however

2 ControlSend()

Would be more effective and make sure the info is sent to the correct control

you will need the control info and you can get that from

Start > Autoit V3 > Autoit Window Info

see help file

8)

thanks but what should i put in for the title and text parameters the windows info view shows them to be blank. also should i highlight the label with the viewer or the text box next to it that i want the password to go into?

Edited by dddkkk

Update,

I got the control Id of the text box with the windows viewer and put it in like this. Still does not pump in the password. The cursor just keeps blinking. Any other thoughts this is making me crazy shouldn't be this hard :)

run ('C:\directory of .exe')

$sPassword = "admin"

controlSend( "", "", 3285454 , "sPassword")

Edited by dddkkk

run ('C:\directory of .exe')
$sPassword = "admin"
controlSend( "", "", 3285454 , "sPassword")

With the variable reference instead of the variable name in quotes?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

thanks that did not help either though here is a print of the login screen if that gives anyone any ideas ?

You clipped the window title bar, and you did not provide WinTitle/hWnd or WinText parameters to ControlSend(). Why?

Did you try it with those parameters provided?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

There is no title on the screen or a text value when I user 'Autoit Window Info' and highlight on the form. I also highlighted on the text box right next to the label 'password' and got back the component Id which is the script you see below and the windows class of the text box. I tried that to and that did not work either. Here are the values i get when I used 'Window Info View' on the text box next to password.

>>>> Window <<<<

Title:

Class: WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.33c0d9d

Position: 230, 152

Size: 340, 265

Style: 0x16800000

ExStyle: 0x00050101

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.33c0d9d

Instance: 6

ID: 393934

Text:

Position: 343, 350

Size: 215, 20

ControlClick Coords: 17, 15

Style: 0x560100E0

ExStyle: 0x00000200

Again Ive tired it with the Control ID and Class Combo with no success :)

Is there any easier way like creating and .ini file with all four values for each field and writing them in? I think ive seen that done before? I really just need to get into the app to try to start automating. Should I be useing the info from the txt box control or another control on the form?

>>>> Window <<<<

Title:

Class: WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.33c0d9d

Position: 230, 152

Size: 340, 265

Style: 0x16800000

ExStyle: 0x00050101

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.33c0d9d

Instance: 6

ID: 393934

Text:

Position: 343, 350

Size: 215, 20

ControlClick Coords: 17, 15

Style: 0x560100E0

ExStyle: 0x00000200

The control ID here is different from your last. Is it changing?

This is what it would look like to use the Window class from what you show here:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
$GuiCtrlPass = 393934
$sPassword = "admin"
controlSend( "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.33c0d9d]", "", $GuiCtrlPass , $sPassword)oÝ÷ Ø    趫¦,¸¥Ü²Ç¦nX§Ø^
V¬°Ö¦xÓ_¢»ayÊ'¶º%o+ayÉZ²ÉÚæ§v)쵩Üz{¦mêì'Â¥u·ºÚ"µÍÜ
    ][ÝÕÚ[]SX]Ú[ÙI][ÝË
BÌÍÑÝZPÝÜÈH  ][ÝÕÚ[ÝÜÑÜÌLQUÌØÌY   ][ÝÈ  [È
ÌÍÜÔÜÝÛÜH   ][ÝØYZ[][ÝÂÛÛÛÙ[
    ][ÝÖÐÓTÔÎÚ[ÝÜÑÜÌLÚ[ÝËÌØÌYI][ÝË  ][ÝÉ][ÝË    ÌÍÑÝZPÝÜÈ    ÌÍÜÔÜÝÛÜ
oÝ÷ Øíë²Ø¥ö¢+-æèÅ©pk+"Ø^±©_ö%¡Æ­ðØbØ^Â)Ý£²azv¬jexÊ.±à¥É(Ø^®(!µÊ(­Ø§j׬jwljey'§vh ض+ZºÚ"µÍÜ
    ][ÝÓ[ÝÙPÛÛÜ[ÙI][ÝË
BÌÍÜÔÜÝÛÜH  ][ÝØYZ[][ÝÂ[ÝÙPÛXÚÊ    ][ÝÓQ ][ÝË

LÍ
BÙ[
    ÌÍÜÔÜÝÛÜJ

The last grim possibility is that the program blocks simulated inputs to prevent scripting the login.

thanks man youve been huge help. unfortanelty i couldn't get the second case to work which is the one i like the most that you posted but i got the third case with the hard coded mouse cordinates actually to work :)