Trial Period

I am looking to do a trial period, but it doesnt't need to be fancy(already looked at xprotect but I dont want all that fancy stuff). I just want the program to expire after a set # of minutes (not days) and I can do the rest (just call iexplorer and send it to a page). Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I am looking to do a trial period, but it doesnt't need to be fancy(already looked at xprotect but I dont want all that fancy stuff). I just want the program to expire after a set # of minutes (not days) and I can do the rest (just call iexplorer and send it to a page). Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

When it is created, you could run:

$time = (@MDAY * 1440) + (@HOUR * 60) + @MIN
oÝ÷ Ø    ݶ§"x®+^Ó~­gÛhr'â·l{b­ç]¡«­¢+Ø(ÀÌØíÑ¥µÄôí¥¹¥É½Ñ¥µÉÑ(ÀÌØíáÁ¥ÉÑ¥½¸ôí¹ÕµÈ½µ¥¹ÕÑÌÑ¥±°áÁ¥ÉÑ¥½¸(ÀÌØíÑ¥µÈô¡5d¨ÄÐÐÀ¤¬¡!=UH¨ØÀ¤¬5%8)%ÀÌØíÑ¥µÈÐì ÀÌØíÑ¥µÄ¬ÀÌØíáÁ¥ÉÑ¥½¸¤Q¡¸(íáÁ¥ÉÑ¥½¸½¡É)¹¥

I think that will do it (unless you want it to expire after it has been used for a certain number of minutes).

EDIT: Never mind, look at the post above, its easier =P hoever, I included an expiration (as in even if they re run it)

Expire in minutes PER USE or minutes and done forever?

Both are simple, at the top of your script, start a timer:

$timer = TimerInit()

Then, if you have a loop in your script, continue to check if it is over(say it expires in 5 mins: 60 * 1000 * 5 =300000) :

If $timer > 300000 Then

MsgBox(0,"Expired!","Expired!")

Exit

End If

Now, if you ONLY want a person to use it for 5 mins, and never again (untill the trial is lifted), you can use a file or registy, I perfer registry cause its harder to find:

If $timer > 300000 Then

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Test", "TestKey", "REG_SZ", "0"); Write a registry file that the trial has ended

Exit

End If

Then, again at the top, check before using:

If RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Test", "TestKey") = 0 Then ;Checks if it has been ended

Exit

EndIf

So all together:

$Expiration= 5   ;Expiration time in minutes
$Expiratoin= $Expiration * 1000 * 60
If RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Test", "TestKey") = 0 Then;Checks if it has been ended
Exit
EndIf
$timer=TimerInit()
While 1
If $timer > $Expiration Then
Exit
End If
Wend
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Test", "TestKey", "REG_SZ", "0")
Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Damn!!!.... You must be good!!!... a program that lasts for minutes...

... I can't write that good, where someone would be interested in my stuff after just "Minutes"

Whats the Secret???...!!!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Damn!!!.... You must be good!!!... a program that lasts for minutes...

... I can't write that good, where someone would be interested in my stuff after just "Minutes"

Whats the Secret???...!!!

8)

Lol not really, its just really cheap ($1.99) so I sell lotsa copies already. Thought that if I add a 20 min trial version I can avoid a lot of the e-mail questions before hand like "how simple is this to run?" etc.