dynamic check for a specific text in cmd tool window

:) Hello autoit community,

i have a small problem in driving an external calculation application.

This application Dos application launches a cmdtool with a specific title let's say :"MY SIMULATOR"

• In this cmd tool window numerous texts are written and would like to detect the text "calculation finished" or "calculation aborted".
i am not able to reroute the output of the cmdtool so i have to check it's content

so i need a function to check or survey dynamically the content of a specific cmdtool (presence of a specific text) because these sentences may appear 2 mns or 5 hours later.

(there are solutions in other windows but i need help for the content of a cmd tool)

the final target is to switch automatically on a specific behavoiur depending on the result written by the calculation in the cmdtool.

i am on XP

by advance thanks for your help

#include <array.au3>

Global $ApplicationRunOutput
Global $Application_To_Run = "dir" ; program that is executed

$ApplicationRun = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $application_to_run, '', @SW_HIDE, 2) ; runs that application
While 1
    $ApplicationRunData = StdoutRead($ApplicationRun) ; Reads output from $ApplicationRun
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    If $ApplicationRunData Then
        $ApplicationRunOutput &= $ApplicationRunData
    Else
        Sleep(10)
    EndIf
WEnd
$ApplicationRunOutput = StringStripWS($ApplicationRunOutput, 6) ; Remove spaces from output
$ApplicationRunOutput = StringSplit($ApplicationRunOutput, @CRLF) ; Split output of whatever your CMD windows spits out
_ArrayDisplay($ApplicationRunOutput) ; Shows you what's in array (what your command windows spitted out)

; Then go thru array and search for the string you want to search

However i am not sure if the output is instant or it needs program to actually finish.

Edited by MadBoy

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

That code would need to be modified to check for it on every loop. I don't think the program is ending because otherwise he could just RunWait().

You're right :) I added MsgBox into text. That's where you gotta play with code is my best guess.

#include <array.au3>

Global $ApplicationRunOutput
Global $Application_To_Run = "dir" ; program that is executed

$ApplicationRun = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $application_to_run, '', @SW_HIDE, 2) ; runs that application
While 1
    $ApplicationRunData = StdoutRead($ApplicationRun) ; Reads output from $ApplicationRun
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    If $ApplicationRunData Then
        $ApplicationRunOutput &= $ApplicationRunData
        MsgBox(0,0, $ApplicationRunOutput) ; Here's where you gotta try to do some 'coding' to get instant values.
    Else
        Sleep(10)
    EndIf
WEnd
$ApplicationRunOutput = StringStripWS($ApplicationRunOutput, 6) ; Remove spaces from output
$ApplicationRunOutput = StringSplit($ApplicationRunOutput, @CRLF) ; Split output of whatever your CMD windows spits out
_ArrayDisplay($ApplicationRunOutput) ; Shows you what's in array (what your command windows  spitted out)

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)