AutoIt capabilities

Hi,

I'm a dr. and interested in developing a script that would automate the handling of biofeedback sessions. The basic idea is that the script would monitor the data that the biofeedback program is displaying and then it would manipulate the goals/rewards in the program based on the session data - in an ongoing way. Right now I do this myself - watching the data that I'm getting from the client and tweaking the rewards as appropriate... but the decision making process is so simple it could quite easily be automated if I could find a way to do it. Since AutoIt can 'type' commands I'm confident it could control the biofeedback software to change settings, but the big question is how it would extract the data that the program is reporting. It saves the session data, but I'm not sure if it saves it at the end or as the session progresses. I assume if it was saving the data to a file throughout the session there'd be some way to get AutoIt to read the data from that file.

So as experienced AutoIT programmers what are your opinions?

Thanks,

J

what's the name of the biofeedback program and can you post a screenshot of the session data you see?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *