Send a long sentence?

Hi,

I want to let my AutoIT script send the following sentence:

/script if ( GetMinimapZoneText() == "Alterac Valley" ) then SetBinding("NUMPAD2", "MOVEFORWARD"); end

But this doesn't works:

Send("/script if ( GetMinimapZoneText() == "Alterac Valley" ) then SetBinding("NUMPAD2", "MOVEFORWARD"); end")

I looked into the helpfile but couldnt figure it out.. anyone can help me out?

Hi,

I want to let my AutoIT script send the following sentence:

/script if ( GetMinimapZoneText() == "Alterac Valley" ) then SetBinding("NUMPAD2", "MOVEFORWARD"); end

But this doesn't works:

Send("/script if ( GetMinimapZoneText() == "Alterac Valley" ) then SetBinding("NUMPAD2", "MOVEFORWARD"); end")

I looked into the helpfile but couldnt figure it out.. anyone can help me out?

Look at the syntax colouring, green is supposed to be string.

I found a problem, when I execute the script it types Ä instead of A:

/script if ( GetMinimapZoneText() == "Alterac Valley" ) then SetBinding("NUMPAD1", "TURNLEFT"); SetBinding("NUMPAD2", "MOVEFORWARD"); SetBinding("NUMPAD3", "TURNRIGHT"); else SetBinding("NUMPAD1"); SetBinding("NUMPAD2"); SetBinding("NUMPAD3"); end

Becomes:

/script if ( GetMinimapZoneText() == "Älterac Valley" ) then SetBinding("NUMPAD1", "TURNLEFT"); SetBinding("NUMPAD2", "MOVEFORWARD"); SetBinding("NUMPAD3", "TURNRIGHT"); else SetBinding("NUMPAD1"); SetBinding("NUMPAD2"); SetBinding("NUMPAD3"); end

How can I solve this ?

Send ( "keys" [, flag] )

flag

[optional] Changes how "keys" is processed:

flag = 0 (default), Text contains special characters like + and ! to indicate SHIFT and ALT key-presses.

flag = 1, keys are sent raw.

Send('/script if ( GetMinimapZoneText() == "Alterac Valley" ) then SetBinding("NUMPAD2", "MOVEFORWARD"); end', 1)

'' and "" can be used interchangeably

Edited by gamepin126

Send('/script if ( GetMinimapZoneText() == "Alterac Valley" ) then SetBinding("NUMPAD2", "MOVEFORWARD"); end', 1)

'' and "" can be used interchangeably

Thanks, but after I tried this it still inserted a Ä instead of A :) any other idea?

Suppose you are sending to a console type of screen with a shirt-state issue. You could try using ControlSend() or search the forum for _ControlSendPlus() UDF (user defined function) made by Pekster.

I figured that it has to do with "A

It first fires " then A

and if you do that on the keyboard you get Ä

but if you do the same with N you get "N

So it should first do " then SPACE then A which results in "A

is that possible with just 1 Send() command?

If the syntax is not case sensitive then try a small "a". Your could also try using Chr(34) that may help solve the issue.

Send('/script if ( GetMinimapZoneText() == ' & Chr(34) & 'Alterac Valley" ) then SetBinding("NUMPAD2", "MOVEFORWARD"); end')