Select Multiple files in Windows Explorer..

Hi Everyone:

This is my situation , I want to do:

Select multiple files in Windows explorer with the normal way (Ctrol + click the file).

After selecting the multiple files I want to execute an autoit script to get the list of the selected files with

full paths in a notepad/clipboard.

Anyone can help me please with this script?

Thanks.

Hi Everyone:

Select multiple files in Windows explorer with the normal way (Ctrol + click the file).

After selecting the multiple files I want to execute an autoit script to get the list of the selected files with

Thanks.

Are you saying that u want someone to write the script for u?

I wouldn't recommend that for you

if u want to emprove ur skill in Autoit

I have this advice 4 u:

check the help file to start learing how to write scripts

make you primary goals for the script

put ur outlines

after that ask about the stuff u didn't know how to make.

ok?

and I'll be glad to help u at anytime

see ya

Edited by star2

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

star2:

If you don't want to Help people, please close your mouse and go out of this forum section, don't make trouble to people,

what is your roll in this forum? Fuc..

??

I think everyone agrees with me that u are a very Polite gentelman thank u very much

I think I've started to tell u how to get started ?

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

Hi Everyone:

Thanks.

Always check help file before you start making any post. Waste of Bandwidth and useless.

Show some effort(code) that we can help you with.

Generator:

Hey man , how do you know I didn't check the Help file?

The first thing I do, is checking the help file and also I did a search in the forum.

People here is not hepfull, I confirmed now, people is judging intead of helping,

like you and star2, I repeat again, if you don't have nothing to say o help, please

avoid posting messages, you are making trouble to people that need help, this forum

is called Help and Support.

I need help because this is not easy to resolve in autoit, as you see, nobody posted a solution in autoit.

I know there are softwares that can do this, but I wanted to know how can I do in autoit.

Always check help file before you start making any post. Waste of Bandwidth and useless.

Show some effort(code) that we can help you with.

Generator:

Hey man , how do you know I didn't check the Help file?

The first thing I do, is checking the help file and also I did a search in the forum.

People here is not hepfull, I confirmed now, people is judging intead of helping,

like you and star2, I repeat again, if you don't have nothing to say o help, please

avoid posting messages, you are making trouble to people that need help, this forum

is called Help and Support.

I need help because this is not easy to resolve in autoit, as you see, nobody posted a solution in autoit.

I know there are softwares that can do this, but I wanted to know how can I do in autoit.

although you are not very polite to the members of the forum, I will try to help you. But don't expect too much, and please don't PM me!

See help file: ControlListView() and use "AutoIT Window Info" tool the get the name of the control.

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• 2 months later...

although you are not very polite to the members of the forum, I will try to help you. But don't expect too much, and please don't PM me!

See help file: ControlListView() and use "AutoIT Window Info" tool the get the name of the control.

I almost hate to chime in, seeing the responses that the thread poster has gotten; but I, too, have an issue with sending multiple files to a script. My scenario is that I have added a right click menu to the allfiles (*) in the registry and have a script that moves them to a specified directory. I know that I can just have a shortcut in the "Send To" folder, but for the sake of progress, I would still like any tips on how to do this (if possible). The registry syntax is [MovetoFolder.exe "%1"]. If I add "%2" and so on it will not work for multiple files. I can drag and drop multiple files onto the executable and it works, however. Can anyone clue me in on what logic that I am missing?

I almost hate to chime in, seeing the responses that the thread poster has gotten; but I, too, have an issue with sending multiple files to a script. My scenario is that I have added a right click menu to the allfiles (*) in the registry and have a script that moves them to a specified directory. I know that I can just have a shortcut in the "Send To" folder, but for the sake of progress, I would still like any tips on how to do this (if possible). The registry syntax is [MovetoFolder.exe "%1"]. If I add "%2" and so on it will not work for multiple files. I can drag and drop multiple files onto the executable and it works, however. Can anyone clue me in on what logic that I am missing?

Welcome to the forum... sorry about your first impressions.

When you select multiple files via FileOpenDialog, you get one string with "stovepipe" delimiters. Maybe it is the same for selecting multiple files from within the Windows file explorer... but that is just a guess.

If that guess is true, then change your MovetoFolder.exe to "StringSplit" the command line input to get each filename and loop thru the file move part for each one.

Hope this helps.

Welcome again.

Sorry again.

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]