How to check that a tabcontrol is active

Hi,

I have the following problem:

I am scripting an application that uses a number of tabcontrols. The pages of the tabcontrols are created the first time the tab is shown. The creation of the tab can take some time because it calls backend processes to retrieve the data shown in the tab. Is there a way to pause the script till the tab has been created? The problem is that the name of the window does not change when changing tab's.

Jochen.

I have looked at the library an can change tabs etc. The problem is that I need something like WinWaitActive for the Tab. I can only proceed after the Tab has been fully created until then the script should be paused. I have not found something like that in the library, or am I missing something?

can u post ur script?

I think it's all about events

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

I have looked at the library an can change tabs etc. The problem is that I need something like WinWaitActive for the Tab. I can only proceed after the Tab has been fully created until then the script should be paused. I have not found something like that in the library, or am I missing something?

Then use GUIRegisterMsg() and look at MSDN what tab control message is the right for your script.

Welcome to the forum. If the problem is you need to wait until the controls on the tab become enabled before you proceed with your script, then you can use ControlCommand. For example, if the next line in your script types data in an edit box, do something like this:

_Tab_SetCurSel($hTab, 1)
do
  Sleep(250)
until ControlCommand("My Window", "My Text", "Edit1", "IsEnabled")

This will wait until the edit control is created and enabled before proceeding.

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt