Why is the # symbol missing from string

Hi Guys,

Having a bit of problem with my strings. Basically when I call my string and enter it into another app (using Send) it appears missing the # symbol.

eg. String is ABC#12345678910 but when I send it to the app it comes out ABC12345678910.

The app I'm entering it into doesn't have any problems accepting # symbol when pasted from the clipboard so I'm a bit lost as to what could be causing the problem. The app is a telnet client by the way, Tera Term Pro (oldschool).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Woongy

u had Bert, poisonkiller , as expert advice

Send ("ABC" & "{#}" & "12345678910")

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

u had Bert, poisonkiller , as expert advice

Send ("ABC" & "{#}" & "12345678910")oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×¨®;¬µ«­¢+ÙM¹ ÅÕ½Ðí    
ìôÄÈÌÐÔØÜàäÄÀÅÕ½Ðì

Worked for me :rolleyes:

In Send () # is sending the windows key. Replace it with {#} and your good to go :rolleyes:

Awesome!!

Thanks for that. I have decided to break it up into 2 strings and putting Send("{#}") in the middle of the other 2 Send commands. Should work perfectly. Thanks again!!

Edited by Woongjinn

Awesome!!

Thanks for that. I have decided to break it up into 2 strings and putting Send({#}) in the middle of the other 2 Send commands. Should work perfectly. Thanks again!!

glad to be of help :rolleyes:

Awesome!!

Thanks for that. I have decided to break it up into 2 strings and putting Send("{#}") in the middle of the other 2 Send commands. Should work perfectly. Thanks again!!

The problem with that technique is it requires you to know ahead of time what the content of the string is, and 'escape' those characters. If the string came from and input box, ini file, etc., you won't know.

The 'Raw Flag' is a much better answer:

Send ( "keys" [, flag] )

Parameters

keys: The sequence of keys to send.

flag: [optional] Changes how "keys" is processed:

flag = 0 (default), Text contains special characters like + and ! to indicate SHIFT and ALT key-presses.

flag = 1, keys are sent raw.

I'm just say'n...

:rolleyes:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law