Running a script when doubleclick a file in windows explorer

Hi all,

i have files on my harddisk with the extension *.evn (event-lists)

i have written code (evn-viewer.aui compiled to evn-viewer.exe) where i can select a evn-file by using FileOpenDialog() and copy the choosen file to a folder renamed as c:\viewer\ file_to_view.evn

after that my autoit code would start a program that reads this file_to_view.evn

This program runs fine but has one shortcoming.

It should be possible to startup my evn-viewer.exe by double clicking an evn-file in the windows explorer (always open this file by evn-viewer.exe.

I can find out the path of the explorer.exe by using _ProcessGetName but i need to know the fullpath of the selected file so i can rename and copy it to the other location.

1. Does anyone know how i can bring up the full path of selected file in a windows explorer.

2. Brilliant would be that i also have a solution to copy the file to the other location if i double click the evn-file in an outlook attachment.

It should be possible to startup my evn-viewer.exe by double clicking an evn-file in the windows explorer (always open this file by evn-viewer.exe.

RunWait('"' & @ComSpec & '" /c assoc .evn=evn-viewer && ftype evn-viewer="path/to/evn-viewer.exe" "%1"', '', @SW_HIDE)

That may help. Fix up the path to your viewer where it says "path/to/evn-viewer.exe".

:rolleyes:

Hello herewasplato,

FAQ 16 was the answer to my question.

I did read the FAQ on the main page of the General Help and Support before I post this question but i read the wrong one. I read the ones 'read me first' instead of the FAQ's 'maintained by this-is-me'

Will read both of the FAQs before i post a new question.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kurt.