How is the AND function used?

Because my words are all less than 4 characters, except for the word 'function', in my title, I'm not able to search for the question I have, so I'm posting, probably, a very common question.

I'm writing a script, and keep in mind I'm a noob, that contains the AND function, however I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. Could someone please verify whether I'm using it right?

if FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>") AND (@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>")
    RunWait(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>")
    WinWaitActive("<Window Title>","")
        Send("<keystroke(s)>")
        Send("<keystroke(s)>")
EndIf

AND is just an operator (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/lang_operators.htm).

Your code needs a little tweak:

if FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>") AND FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>") Then

*forgot the Then!

Edited by MrBeatnik

Please correct me if I am wrong in any of my posts. I like learning from my mistakes too.

if FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>") AND FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>")

Send("<keystroke(s)>")

Send("<keystroke(s)>")

EndIf

should be so

If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>") And FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder2>\<file2.exe>") Then ; added then
    Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>")
    ; changed from RunWait... waits till that prog ends before continuing script
    WinWaitActive("<Window Title>", "")
    Send("<keystroke(s)>")
    Send("<keystroke(s)>")
EndIf

If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>") Or FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder2>\<file2.exe>") Then
    If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>") Then RunWait(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>")
    If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder2>\<file2.exe>") Then RunWait(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder2>\<file2.exe>")
EndIf

8)

EDIT; second fileexists()

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Because my words are all less than 4 characters, except for the word 'function', in my title, I'm not able to search for the question I have, so I'm posting, probably, a very common question.

I'm writing a script, and keep in mind I'm a noob, that contains the AND function, however I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. Could someone please verify whether I'm using it right?

if FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>") AND (@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>")
        Send("<keystroke(s)>")
        Send("<keystroke(s)>")
EndIf

OK, NM, I found out how it works. I just tested it. Man, why didn't I think of that before I posted the question.

The correct way to do this, in case any other noobs are looking for the answer is:

if FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>") AND FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder>\<file.exe>") Then

Notice I had to add the FileExists in front of the next param that I was looking for, and I know I entered this incorrectly before, but I had to add the Then function at the end of the line, which was already in my original code, I just forgot it here at the forums.

Hope this helps anyone that needs help with this. Although I have a feeling I'm the only idiot that would post something like this since most people who use AutoIT have some programming experience and would test first and ask questions later. I just got too trigger happy!

All the best...

If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>") And (@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder2>\<file2.exe>") Then ; added then
    Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>")
    ; changed from RunWait... waits till that prog ends before continuing script
    Send("<keystroke(s)>")
    Send("<keystroke(s)>")
EndIf

If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>") Or (@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder2>\<file2.exe>") Then
    If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>") Then RunWait(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder1>\<file1.exe>")
    If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder2>\<file2.exe>") Then RunWait(@ProgramFilesDir & "\<folder2>\<file2.exe>")
EndIf

8)

I tried, initially, doing what you have here, without the FileExists in front of the second param, and I was getting a false positive because I would alter the <file2.exe> and it would still come back successful. I had to make sure that the FileExists was also added to the 2nd param and then I didn't get the false positives.

But, hey, thanks for such a quick response. And I like the second approach as well, but it seems to add a bit of extra padding that could be accomplished by the first approach.

.. And I like the second approach as well, but it seems to add a bit of extra padding that could be accomplished by the first approach.

please note the "RunWait" replaced by "Run" in the first If statement

and how the "Or" ( demo as info for you ) used the "RunWait"

take another look

.... and Welcome

8)

NEWHeader1.png