Cannot view Help File, Unzip Installation

I have to install AutoIt & Beta using the Unzipping Installation. When I try to use the help file I get the error message below (double-click on AutoIt3.chm). I would search the Help file for instructions... but... well I can't view the help file and Google was useless.

Thanks in Advance.

*EDIT*

In case I was confusing originally, I have ONLY unzipped AutoIt to a directory, if there is a install .exe or something, I have not executed it. I cannot install anything to the registry of the PC.

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.

The website is temporarily unavailable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

Edited by litlmike

I have to install AutoIt & Beta using the Unzipping Installation. When I try to use the help file I get the error message below (double-click on AutoIt3.chm). I would search the Help file for instructions... but... well I can't view the help file and Google was useless.

Thanks in Advance.

*EDIT*

In case I was confusing originally, I have ONLY unzipped AutoIt to a directory, if there is a install .exe or something, I have not executed it. I cannot install anything to the registry of the PC.

Why do you " have to install AutoIt & Beta using the Unzipping Installation"?

Why can't you use the regular setup file http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...wnload&id=5 ?

there is a reason the installer needs certian rights to do the things it does... if you don't have righs to run it you probably won't have rights to make the nesscary registry and file changes autoit does as part of a full install. You could however use filemon and regmoon to see exactly what the installer does (or it might be documented somewhere) and see if you can mimic that behavior at work.

• Developers

This issue occures when the HelpFile is opened from location that is considered as "not local" like a network share or something like that.

What location did you save it and are you sure you have enough rights to it ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

This issue occures when the HelpFile is opened from location that is considered as "not local" like a network share or something like that.

What location did you save it and are you sure you have enough rights to it ?

Hmmm... "not local"? Well it is definitely local, it is all on my harddrive under the default unzipped folders. Do I have enough rights to it? That I don't know, what kind of rights do I need?

• 2 weeks later...