PPlayer (finally Open-Source!)

Pascal257

This topic is going to be closed soon. Releasing 0.9 in some days.

Sourceforge-Page available

Sourcecode released on Sourceforge

Many more information will follow tomorrow!

Yes, its true! I'll release the source of PPlayer (commented!) in around 1-2 weeks here and on sourceforge!

I'll post a new Topic here in Example scripts for this - so stay tuned!

Please comment on my decision! Are you going to use the source? Are you going to develop new features to PPlayer? Are you going to improve features and PPlayer itself? =)

Old posting:

Hey there!

After posting the player in "private" Chat-Forum I'd like to release PPlayer to the whole community.

As I wrote in my other posting, I'm not going to post any code because its more than 2,1k lines of code and more than weeks of work on this and I don't wont it to be copied...

But I'm open to send parts of the code on request...

Just send me an E-Mail to pascal.kuehne@googlemail.com with the requested part of the Player...

Those are the special features:

What is PPlayer?

PPlayer is a mediaplayer that supports regular codecs like mp3,wma,ogg etc.

Why PPlayer?

There are some reasons why to use PPlayer instead of another one.

1. PPlayer has an intergrated songsearchsystem. While listening to your music you can choose one (or more) of 8 playmodi and the player will search itself for more songs to hear.

2. You can hear your favorite PodCast within PPlayer. Just press the PodCastbutton, enter the feedadress and select a program:

The player downloads the song and automaticaly plays it.

3. Your database gets updated with a webserver holdig any data about interpreters/albums/titles.

Those infos are shown to you and used by the songsearchsystem.

4. Of course PPlayer has any feature another mediaplayer holds.

Check it out!

Those are the features you can see...

I also included an autoupdater, downloader for the podcasts, databasecontroller, popup for songinfo and verifycation.

Helpfile comes soon, but until finishing the helpfile please ask your questions on the forum per post/pm or per email...

Some words to the Playmode-Module:

If you choose "Song" then the player searches with the information given by the song. (Artist/Album etc)

Else you choose "Keyword" it searches for the specified keyword.. (eg.: "Metallica")

Autosearch will search everytime a new song begins...

A new mode (not on the screenshot) is Autoselect... on default it's on but if you disable it you'll get a list of the found songs and you can choose.

The rest will be explained in the helpfile...

The design is not the best but I think the features are more important :rolleyes:

Wiki available!

Download

If you have questions, problems or ideas etc please post them!

You can get the latest infos @ pplayer.net.ms

PPlayer is totally free!

Some contributors

Here's a screenshot of the GUI:

Posted Image

Pascal

Edited by Pascal257

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn't download it

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

my proxy doesn't allow me to download from ur web site

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

Well I am kind enough to upload this file, anyways there is no point of using this because this ware is pay to use. Neither any better than WMP 11, not worth it cuz it's a AutoIt software(can be cracked easily).

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT ARE PEOPLE USING AUTOIT FOR ?

LEARN NEW CODES

U KNOW

THANKS FOR THE LINK

AFTER INSATALLING

IT DIDN'T WORK SO.

Don't double post(delete 1), but yeh the forum is lagging at the moment. You need to pay $5 to use it, if not you can only use it for 7 days =0=. I will find out what keeps the date soon.

i DIDN'T WANT TO DOUBLE POST

THE PROBLEM WAS WITH MY BROWSER

i DIDN'T WANT TO DOUBLE POST

THE PROBLEM WAS WITH MY BROWSER

Please don't post with caps either. It makes us think your shouting at as.

Oh, and Nice Job!!! It looks great. Keep it up :rolleyes:

Please don't post with caps either. It makes us think your shouting at as.

Oh, and Nice Job!!! It looks great. Keep it up :rolleyes:

sorry I wasn't shouting

see ya

Good job, but i just don't like pay to use software especially they are made from Freeware.

I don't want to pay for some confusing MP3 player which is actually made from freeware and 50% of script auto generated with Koda, if even someone give me $5 to buy this confuser I will donate it to forums and use Windows Media Player 11.

I can do signature me.

I don't want to pay for some confusing MP3 player which is actually made from freeware and 50% of script auto generated with Koda, if even someone give me $5 to buy this confuser I will donate it to forums and use Windows Media Player 11.

I have the same feeling man. He didn't give out credit for anything as if he "made" this whole thing from snatch. He should donate the money to Jon and help autoit and forum instead.

I have the same feeling man. He didn't give out credit for anything as if he "made" this whole thing from snatch. He should donate the money to Jon and help autoit and forum instead.

Down shareware, up freeware!!!

Instead of using shareware, use freeware and money which you are intended to spend on shareware donate to forums!

EDIT: Wait a minute... he didn't posted source code!!!! Maybe my PC is infected with trojan!

Edited by i542

I can do signature me.

@Everyone of you:

License:

PPlayer comes with a full working 7-Day Trial license.

After 7 days youre required to enter your e-mail for validation.

If youre successful your license will be updated to Premium.

I don't want to say anything more...

I'm just that angry

Yeah I haven't changed some texts but I think you can read ok...

By the way:

everything is written by myself -- I haven't used Koda for this.

Edited by Pascal257

See the handy button named "Edit" :rolleyes:?

Posted Image

ooo . I really am not that stupid

just left it as it is so the post would make sence

and by the way I agree

it wouldn't be good to make software with freeware and charge ppl for ur work

thanks ppl see ya

By the way:

everything is written by myself -- I haven't used Koda for this.

Not possible. Even Jon or Valik couldn't make so detailed GUI without using some of those generator. BTW, where is the source code? I won't run it without source.

EDIT: I won't run it again

Edited by i542

I can do signature me.

Not possible. Even Jon or Valik couldn't make so detailed GUI without using some of those generator. BTW, where is the source code? I won't run it without source.

EDIT: I won't run it again

I agree with you, why pay for something like this when there's free software like iTunes or Windows media player... "so detailed GUI"? I didn't find the Gui all that amazing, it's unique though... I like how it looks simple but still has everything needed.

I would recommend a few changes, the first is that in the main window I find the Idle... Idle.. Idle.. Idle..... Idle... very annoying. What's the point of the program telling us it's not doing anything? I would rather just know when it is doing something.. just my opinion though.

One possible recommendation is getting rid of the slider at the bottom of the PlayMode GUI, I didn't find any use for it and having something useless on a GUI is pretty hideous. Unless I just didn't find the use for it....

One bug I got was that the seek bar didn't work.. When I started the song, the song played for six seconds and then the slider/label time updated.. And after that it just stayed at six. The last thing, assuming the timer is fixed I would have it so that it doesn't show "00:03:12" and would show instead: "3:12"...

Good work altogether though

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Hey

First of all, i don't like the idea of paying for it either.

Second, The GUI seemed to take ages to load up.

Third, there is an error. I would put a screenshot but i don't know how. it says:

Title: AutoIt Error

Text: Line 0 (File "C:\Program files\PPlayer\resource\database.exe"):

$A4FA560A5600C =&$SA24A5F007

$A4FA560A5600C =^ERROR

Error: Error in expression.

I would suggest deleting the &

And finally sorry for slagging it off a bit and like the icon

PS: Thanks for showing me where the edit button is.

Edited by Gmail