PPlayer (finally Open-Source!)

Pascal257

PPlayer becomes Open-Source!!!

As you can read on the first posting, I'm going to release the source of PPlayer.

I'll do this in combination of releasing PPlayer 0.9...

I hope my bad reputation as "Shareware"-Developer (that not true is) will go away releasing the source and I hope some good programmers will stay with me on Sourceforge and develop on PPlayer.

Of course I'll add any new feature developed on AutoIt-Forums too!!

I'm open for any comment and hope some people welcome my decision...

I'll list ANY feature of PPlayer soon and link it with the source.

So pleease comment.

Greetings,

Pascal

Edited by Pascal257

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, this thread made me laugh...

I really don't like it... the 'fading in' GUI looks awful on slow computers AND makes them even slower. I HATE that it scans my computer for music files without me telling it to do it AND that I can't stop it! It crashed and I had to kill it with task manager. I'll stick to XMplay.

haha, this thread made me laugh...

I really don't like it... the 'fading in' GUI looks awful on slow computers AND makes them even slower. I HATE that it scans my computer for music files without me telling it to do it AND that I can't stop it! It crashed and I had to kill it with task manager. I'll stick to XMplay.

Well 1. I'll remove the default Animation.

2. It scans the PC ONE! time and announces this on first start. Then its done.

Also you can stop it with clicking "x"...

So I can't understand the problem...

Could you discribe it.. I'm always interested in fixing those problems!

Some bugs, a few major , but I do love thet you relise this on Sourceforge.There are a very few au3 project and I think that all this forum may reside there. Very good job.

Could you discribe the bugs? Or better enter them on sourceforge :)

greetings, Pascal

Well 1. I'll remove the default Animation.

2. It scans the PC ONE! time and announces this on first start. Then its done.

Also you can stop it with clicking "x"...

So I can't understand the problem...

Could you describe it.. I'm always interested in fixing those problems!

I guess it's just my problem because I have a slow computer. I'm sure you used WinSetTrans for that effect. The problem is that it's really slow, it flashes and doesn't let you do anything until it finishes, it also causes the rest of the programs to become slow.

And about the scanning, no other player does that unless you tell it to do it. Maybe someone would like it just to play music files, not have them all organized in a library. Just a personal opinion. I've always thought that simplicity is key for efficiency :)

I guess it's just my problem because I have a slow computer. I'm sure you used WinSetTrans for that effect. The problem is that it's really slow, it flashes and doesn't let you do anything until it finishes, it also causes the rest of the programs to become slow.

And about the scanning, no other player does that unless you tell it to do it. Maybe someone would like it just to play music files, not have them all organized in a library. Just a personal opinion. I've always thought that simplicity is key for efficiency :)

For example windows media player scans for music files :) I don't know if the newest does but 9.0 searched for music for the database.

And pplayer needs to for its search-features but I understand what you're saying and think its a good point.

So I'll ask the user before searching for music. And if he wants to use the search-feature he gets an error :P

I've not tried this but I made a program that had a fade in/out using WinSetTrans() and it goes really slow sometimes. On other computers it goes faster. I would suggest using some AutoItWrappers to fade in and out.

Well I used this:

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $MainGUI)

GUISetState(@SW_RESTORE, $MainGUI)

WinSetTrans($Title, "", 0)

For $i = 0 To GetOpt("Trans") Step 5

WinSetTrans($Title, "", $i)

Sleep(1)

Next

Yes its laggy and I'll use a dll-call next time :P Should scan the wrappers for a better function.

btw: you can disable the animation in the settings

• 7 months later...