PNG as GUI, drop shadows, curved edges, you name it

lod3n

I was trying to get UpdateLayeredWindow to work with PaulIA's GDI functions in his Auto3Lib library, but I didn't have the skillset required to see it through to the end. I sent PaulIA the source code I was trying to convert and he not only whipped up a solution in a matter of hours, he went ahead and baked in support for it in Auto3Lib! (Which has since been rolled into AutoIt)

Also, this only works with XP and above, as it uses GDI+. You might be able to get it working if you are running an earlier version if you install the GDI+ Dll from Microsoft, but I'm not familiar with that.

Take a look at the screenshot below. I've written a simple desktop item launcher using a PNG skin based on the one that comes with a program called Launchy. Of course, you could use any PNG you want, so long as it has an alpha channel. That drop shadow is not the result of a gui effect in Vista - this is running in XP, and the drop shadow is defined in the PNG itself, and applied to the GUI. Imagine the possibilities. Goodbye ugly Regions, hello 32 bit Alpha Transparency.

All credit goes to PaulIA, I'm just the messenger. :rolleyes:

Update (5/28/08): I've re-uploaded the demo with GaryFrosts fixes for making this work with AutoIt v3.2.12.0. Thanks Gary!

post-14785-1181809213_thumb.png

lod3n_launcher.zip

Edited by lod3n

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1000 %

nice and inspiring

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

This is very nice! Should help make great GUI's

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Wow!

finally PNG support.

I liked it very much. :rolleyes:

[u]My Projects[/u]:General:WinShell (Version 1.6)YouTube Video Downloader Core (Version 2.0)Periodic Table Of Chemical Elements (Version 1.0)Web-Based:Directory Listing Script Written In AutoIt3 (Version 1.9 RC1)UDFs:UnicodeURL UDFHTML Entity UDF[u]My Website:[/u]http://dhilip89.hopto.org/[u]Closed Sources:[/u]YouTube Video Downloader (Version 1.3)[quote]If 1 + 1 = 10, then 1 + 1 ≠ 2[/quote]

Great work!

I was playing around with tranparency levels to get this effect now I can ignore that.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I normally don't play around with graphics, but this was pretty easy.

I just quickly modified the script from the 1st post, and changed the png file to one from the net.

Several versions of the png file, was playing with effects.

post-1967-1181957077_thumb.png

logos_ps.ZIP

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Sounds nice...

But where can i get the file A3LGDIPlus.au3?

I have installed A3Lib but the file is not there :rolleyes:

Somone can upload this file please?

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Sounds nice...

I'm sorry to hear you're missing the file. I had the same problem and downloaded A3Lib again tonight. The file was included in that installation.

Edited by zfisherdrums

Sounds nice...

Wow nice gafrost.

Edit: Sorry. Attachment Removed.

Edited by Mr. Zero

Just in case:

Wow nice gafrost.

Do not, under any circumstances, post parts of Auto3Lib like this! There are changes to several modules in the library that need to be downloaded to make the PNG scripts work! If people would take the time to READ, you'd see that the instructions tell you to download the latest version of Auto3Lib from the download section.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt