Resist Shutdown?

Haloo... anyway I can stop the computer from being shutdown? I want to make something for some of the computers in my house so that it asks if you REALLY do want to shut it down.. cause my whole house is networked to one computer with all the printers and such.. and it wouldn't be good if that one shut off -.-'

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

CMD: shutdown -a

Thats abort. Look for the shutdown.exe process and run that command.

yeap but i think that starts only if

shutdown -s -t (time) -c (comment)

has already started...

if this works then it should be something like

While 1
    If ProcessExists("shutdown.exe") Then
        Run("shutdown -a")
    Else
        Sleep(10)
    EndIf
WEnd
Edited by c4nm7

CMD: shutdown -a

Thats abort. Look for the shutdown.exe process and run that command.

Shutdown.exe does not run on a normal shutdown. Like I mentioned in the post i linked, there was a way I was working with to detect the API call when it was made and hook it (all shutdown.exe does it script a call to that API)... it's been so long since i worked with it a forget what the API call was though...it may have been a not-so-documented api..

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Thanks, Ill check it out

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Thanks Kandie Man your script works great!