Find location of a folder on the desktop

I have a script that creates a folder on the desktop and copies some files into it.

It then launches an application and clicks a couple of controls.

Now the hard part. I need to find the folder I created on the desktop and drag it into the window of the application I just launched.

Any Ideas?

I can not find any other way to get the files into the application. It is Sonic RecordNow a CD / DVD burner.

Thanks for your time.

It doubt you can find the coordinates for a click command so i don't think you can drag it this way. Can you copy+paste into the recordnow GUI?

Also I'd look more into the proram and make sure there isn't another way to burn somthing that the gui ineterface (or at least no other way to select a folder...)

I have a script that creates a folder on the desktop and copies some files into it.

It then launches an application and clicks a couple of controls.

Now the hard part. I need to find the folder I created on the desktop and drag it into the window of the application I just launched.

Any Ideas?

I can not find any other way to get the files into the application. It is Sonic RecordNow a CD / DVD burner.

Thanks for your time.

Welcome to the forum. Regardless of what you have previously been told, you can indeed find the coordinates of Desktop items. :rolleyes: The Desktop is nothing more than a SysListView control. The following snippet shows how to list all of the items on your Desktop:

#include <A3LListView.au3>

$hList = ControlGetHandle("Program Manager", "", "SysListView321")
for $iI = 0 to _ListView_GetItemCount($hList) - 1
  _Lib_ConsoleWrite(_ListView_GetItemText($hList, $iI))
next
This script can be easily modified to get the click coordinates of the item by using the Auto3Lib _ListView_GetItemRect function. You'll need Auto3Lib (and the latest production release of AutoIt) in order to do this. If you get stuck, PM me and I'll be glad to help you out with the coding.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

I spent a lot of time working with Sonic trying to find a way to pass a file list or do a cut and paste. I even opened a help case with them and I never found a way. I am working with the RecordNow version that comes on Dell machines. It is very limited.

I was able to use the following functions to solve my problem.

_ListView_FindText()

_ListView_GetItemPositionX()

_ListView_GetItemPositionY()

Thanks for the assistance.