Hard Crash w/ ListView Drag & Drop Event

I currently have a problem in my script when a user drags and drops an item in a list view, the script exits with the code -1073741819. I stripped the ListViews out of the program and put them into another script to attempt an example script, but the problem does not appear in the example - only in my main script. I've looked over it countless times trying different options but I cannot for the life of me figure out why it crashes in my main script, but not in my example.

To baffle me even more, the main script's ListView does not give me a hard crash if the GUI holding my listviews is moved to anywhere on the screen before attempting to drag / drop.

I'm looking for a method to disable the ListView's ability to drag and drop, but after doing some research on the forums, no one seems to have been able to do this yet. Even to nullify the drag/drop feature with empty functions would work. Or if someone wants to look through the code and attempt to find what is causing these weird errors that would work to.

Thanks,

- Panda

*Edit: Posted Latest Version of Code*

- I've had no luck producing an example script to reproduce the above errors, it seems to be restricted to some element of my script and after reading through the entire script while removing some sloppy coding and not finding it, I've given up. If no one else has any success I will simply have to remove the ListViews.

Oh, and the "Images.zip" part of the upload is only because I couldn't remember if AutoIt would crash if it didn't have the correct icon / image files - I don't think they are required.

*End Edit*

Images.zip

Dragon_Court_Client_v2.0.au3

Edited by thetwistedpanda

Thanks for the reply.

I can't disable the ListView because users have to select items in the list to be able to modify them. (It's not an Edit-in-place type ListView, users have to click a button to preform a modification)

And yes, I've looked over that link earlier but it did not help me any.

Without seeing the code for the listview its kind of hard to help with the problem.

If you haven't already looked at http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=281789

Not sure if that will help any or not.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Thanks for the reply.

I can't disable the ListView because users have to select items in the list to be able to modify them. (It's not an Edit-in-place type ListView, users have to click a button to preform a modification)

And yes, I've looked over that link earlier but it did not help me any.

Thanks, but I already tried that. I implemented the code and it still crashed. I would post the code if I knew how to make a code box that had a restrained vertical size, instead of one that goes spralling down the page...

Thanks, but I already tried that. I implemented the code and it still crashed. I would post the code if I knew how to make a code box that had a restrained vertical size, instead of one that goes spralling down the page...

Can always attach the au3 file to your post.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Can always attach the au3 file to your post.

This is true... Added script to first post.

The ListView is going to be in the $Drag_Hero GUI section, and further down past the GUI declarations is going to be some more ListView code... Not very friendly, that it is not...

Edited by thetwistedpanda

I'm guessing from the lack of replies no one had any luck figuring out what is causing the pesky crashing, or a way to stop the LV's drag event?

Some of us work for a living, and only can look at in our spare time.