Address/ZIP Code Lookup

GMK

Can you make something like this for England?

After a quick Google search, I found the website for Royal Mail, which I would assume would be the best place to find postcodes in England. One problem I noticed already, is that there is a limit of 12 searches per day. But you could probably use the following URL and form and edit the GUI to suit your needs.

Comments/suggestions/improvements welcome. May contain a few bugs, depending on the search.

Users should be cautioned that this can only be used for home or non-commercial use. If used in any type of business environment, you'd need to obtain the proper license from the USPS.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Users should be cautioned that this can only be used for home or non-commercial use. If used in any type of business environment, you'd need to obtain the proper license from the USPS.

I actually created it for use here at work. I wouldn't think it would be any different than just going to the website and looking up the address, which is how I had done it before. This is just a frontend, so to speak. Anyway, there are much better solutions for (larger) businesses, I'm sure.

EDIT: And I'm sure not out to make a profit from this. :rolleyes:

Edited by GMK

I actually created it for use here at work. I wouldn't think it would be any different than just going to the website and looking up the address, which is how I had done it before. This is just a frontend, so to speak. Anyway, there are much better solutions for (larger) businesses, I'm sure.

EDIT: And I'm sure not out to make a profit from this. :rolleyes:

You might want to give USPS a call to be sure. The terms of use on their web site explicitly says that all commercial use of their material requires written permission or a license. We use the USPS database in several of our products. We orginally thought we could do the same thing (validate online) and were told flatly by USPS that this was a direct violation of their license policy. Just don't want anybody to get into trouble. :rambo:
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Can you make something like this for Croatia?

Well...it would be one thing to do it for US and England...and maybe some other English-speaking countries, but I don't even know the Croatian language. :rolleyes:

But you're welcome to gleen some ideas from my code in order to do it yourself, anyway. :rambo:

You might want to give USPS a call to be sure. The terms of use on their web site explicitly says that all commercial use of their material requires written permission or a license. We use the USPS database in several of our products. We orginally thought we could do the same thing (validate online) and were told flatly by USPS that this was a direct violation of their license policy. Just don't want anybody to get into trouble. :rolleyes:

Good point. Thanks!