Comparing LARGE files

I was hoping someone could help me i have two LARGE files each is a list of about 10000 blacklisted sites. I want to combine this list but i don't want to make duplicate entries. Is it possible to compare each list in an autoit script and have it pull out the duplicate entries? or is there an easier way to remove them?

[size="1"]Please stop confusing "how to" with "how do"[/size]

Somewhere along the lines of

$line=1
Do
$file1 = FileReadLine("file1.txt",$line)
$file2 = FileReadLine("file2.txt",$line)
$line = $line + 1
If $file1 = $file2 Then
FileWriteLine("NewFile.txt",$file1)
Else
FileWriteLine("NewFile.txt",$file1)
FileWriteLine("NewFile.txt",$file2)
EndIf
Until <===Some State Here

Then you can choose to delete the first 2 files..

havent tested that yet, but its something along those lines

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

That wouldn't work because its only comparing the same line with each text file and both text files aren't in the same order.

Also i just found out there are comments in the second file. They look like this: [some comment here]. How would i mass remove the comments?

Edited by Deltaforce229

[size="1"]Please stop confusing "how to" with "how do"[/size]

That wouldn't work because its only comparing the same line with each text file and both text files aren't in the same order.

Also i just found out there are comments in the second file. They look like this: [some comment here]. How would i mass remove the comments?

Stringinstr and Stringreplace.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ite=%2Bcomments

• Developers

One time job?

Download PSPad editor, copy the 2 files into one and do option Edit/Sort and tick remove duplicates...

:rolleyes:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)